Thursday, October 12, 2006

Baby 8w

Bryan and I arrived at 9:15 and checked in. They told us that my doctor was running a little behind because he had a deliverythat morning. We waited probably a half hour before being called back. Michelle my nurse weighed me. I actually weighed less than I thought I would. We then walked to the room and she said we are going to do an ultrasound today. That was very exciting to me because I really wanted to know that everything was ok. She took my blood pressure which was pretty normal. 112/86. Michelle talked our ears off. She was so excited for us! she was always asking me when we were going to start a family so she was happy. :o) It was hard to take everything she was saying in. She finally said ok I'm leaving because I'm probably overwhelming you. hehe I had to undress from the waist down and we waited for the doctor. When he came in he said congratulations and had me lie back on the table. He first tried to get a picture through my my stomach but it's too early so he used the probe. The picture was pretty clear except the baby looked more like a blob as you can see. But it's a beautiful blob! As soon as he moved the probe around he was able to get the heart beating. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Bryan was standing next to me rubbing my arm. He was smiling from ear to ear. The little heart was beating so fast. He measured the baby and we also could hear the baby's heartbeat too. It measured out to be 1.57 cm and the BPM was 171 a good strong heartbeat. It was so fast! It all feels SO real now and I feel so much better getting to see that our little one is doing ok. We went down to the lab and they drew a bunch of blood and I did a urine test. This is probably one of the most exciting adventures God is taking us on. I am so excited!

No comments: