Saturday, January 05, 2008

Me, Myself, and I

6 facts about me...

1) Some people may already know this about me, but I LOVE to clean and organize. It is definitely a big part of who I am. One of my favorite times of the week is waking up early on Saturday morning to my list of chores that I have made for myself. Sometimes it's on paper, sometimes in my head.

2) I love music. I love listening to music. Music has always been a big part of my family. When I was little we drove up to Kent, WA to visit my grandparents almost every weekend and we would listen to music all the way up and all the way back home. Loud too. We would all be singing at the top of our lungs. Every now and then I like to just sit and listen to my favorite songs and just sing my heart out. It's very relaxing to me.

3) I have the opposite of anorexia- On my fridge, I have written, "You are not skinny". I LOVE to eat. I am happy with myself (besides the muffin top that I haven't seemed to get rid of since age 3 ;o) ) and don't feel the need to be super skinny. But when I try to justify eating a bag of chips or a HUGE bowl of ice cream I can look at the fridge and be reminded of moderation in all things.

4) I have a fear of the phone. I don't know exactly where this stems from? I hate calling people. It is borderline painful. I have been trying to work on this over the years and I would like to think that I have gotten a little better.

5) I have naturally curly hair. Yes all the joys of the frizz, tangles, and the poof-ball are mine to be had. Most people say......"how I wish my hair was curly." But, they don't have it! They would definitely hate it if they had it. I will admit some days I like my curly hair.....but really it is mostly a pain. I was reading this book on curly hair and there are literally "rules" you are supposed to follow if you want shiny, bouncy, non-frizzy curls. Some of these rules include: never brushing it again.......you can only use a wide-tooth comb, not washing it with shampoo...you are supposed to use conditioner to wash it, and last but not least not drying it with a towel, but with a t-shirt.

6) I am SO loving being a mom. I know that there are hard times but it just seems so rewarding. I LOVE holding and snuggling my warm little chubby baby Gabe. I am excited to always have a little buddy who will do everything with me........until he gets old enough to have an opinion which I am hoping isn't until he turns 18!

3 comments:

kate said...

I love the curly hair comment. It's so true, those who don't have curly hair, don't know how bad it is...and I don't even really know, I have the best of both worlds. And have you ever noticed that there are very few famous women with curly hair? Drives me crazy!

TcH said...

I think a lot of famous women have curly hair, they just have people that straighten it for them. And believe me, us straight thin haired people have issues too. I dont think whatever hair you have you will EVER be happy with it,unless you are a star that can afford hair peeps, extensions, wigs, etc....
So are you gonna dry your hair with a tshirt now??? This I gotta see!!!!

Why did you run out of class so fast today?? I wanted to talk to you!!! I have a proposal for you too.

and I liked that sweater you had on today. Very pretty color on you.

Love YEW

Jenny said...

I was going to say the same thing that you said T. I think a ton of famous women have natural curly hair. They just have money to pay the people to do their hair. LUCKY freaks!

I haven't tried the t-shirt thing yet. I don't even really dry my hair though either. I could take one of Bryan's old t-shirts and try it?

I love your proposal and I too think that we should really work on doing that.

Thank you for the compliment. :o)