Friday, February 01, 2008

More Birthday's

Happy Birthday Mama!

Last Monday (January 28th) was my mom's birthday and I thought I would honor my mom on this special day in my blog.


Look at this beautiful woman. Is it just me or does she just glow in this picture? My mom LOVES being a grandma. Jaden and Gabe are her pride and joy. I love watching her with them. She is such a wonderful grandma. When I was 2 years old my grandma (my mom's mom) was diagnosed with stomach cancer and she passed when I was three. This was very devastating for my mom. They were best friends and all she ever dreamed about was having her mom be there with her as she became a mom herself. I don't remember my grandma, but I do know that a piece of her specialness is in my mom and I am SO blessed to have her here with me as I now am a mom. She was raised in Oregon. I share Kay as a middle name with her and my two sisters. She loves cars, singing , dancing and I got my sexy legs from her.



I only hope I can have a fraction of her contagious energy, youth, and spirit when I turn 56.

Happy Late Birthday Mama--


So January 30th celebrates an extremely important day to me... the birth of this sweet man, husband and father.

Yes, It was Bryan's 32nd Birthday!!! THIRTY TWO! Crazy huh? That's almost 40! HA Remember when 30 sounded so old? How quickly our perspective seems to change. Now my young, cute husband who still wears beanies, snowboards, plays video games and prefers a Hershey bar and a container of peanut butter to any fancy recipe I could try... is 32. Do we ever really grow up?

This is a man that I knew when I married him would do whatever he could to make a stranger's life easier, let alone his WIFE. He is a giver. He is always willing to drive everywhere even if he is falling asleep and beyond tired, because I HATE to drive. He doesn't even try to convince me to drive anymore. He always shuts down the house at night as I lay in bed waiting for him and when he's almost in bed I'll say "OOOH I forgot this or that and he'll wander the house trying to find whatever it is...because I never know where I put it.

He always tells me I'm beautiful even though most days he sees me in cozies with wild, crazy frizzy, hair. He tells me I'm a good mom. He treats Gabe just like the smartest, coolest, most important little man he is... so that he will become it.

He rubs my back as often as I ask, and when he does, he doesn't pretend to rub it like I've seen so many other husbands do, he goes all out! :) He carries everything at church for me and most places that we go. He uses funny phrases I've never heard of and teaches me what they mean (although I know most of them now). He always does the garbage, the poop in the yard, and all the other man jobs that I love to be exempt from. He praises me for the jobs that I do.

He plays with Gabe just like I'd always imagined a super dad would with our little ones; he's so full of joy and energy and makes him laugh and laugh. He sings to him and I could listen for hours. He makes most of the bottles for Gabe.

He is such a righteous priesthood holder and makes me feel like Gabe and I will always be safe with him. He is an optimist and finds the good in everyone. He is truly one of those people that doesn't speak ill of anyone. (Sometimes it can even be frustrating when I need a gossiping avenue... (confession? ...seriously I can't help but do it) ... he focuses on the good in me and reminds me to do the same :).

He is a constant example, a reminder of how blessed I am, proof of the existence of a man who's GOOD to his core, something that the world doesn't even believe exists anymore. He is my best friend and my sweet heart and I am SOOO grateful that he was born 32 years ago.

Happy Birthday Bryan! I love you.

2 comments:

Julie said...

First of all... IT'S ABOUT TIME YOU GOT ON THIS AND WROTE SOMETHING!!! I go on this everyday hoping to read something you wrote and today, I finally got too!! YAY, I be EXCITED!!!

What you wrote about/for Mom and Bryan made me want to cry!!!! In fact, I had tears. It was beautiful everything about it!

Anyway, I love you and have fun with Janell this weekend!!! One more thing.... STAY AWAY FROM MY CLOTHES!!!!

TcH said...

I agree with Julie, that made me get all teary eyed too.
I have to say that we are so blessed by the guys we have, the daddy's for our kids. They really are wonderful men. I agree with what you wrote about Bryan. He is a great man, a man of God. Never afraid to share and always willing to give. Just like you said
Im glad that you finally agreed to date him, and then ADMIT you were dating him so many years ago. ha ha ha!!!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY BRYAN!!!