Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I want a newborn

I just can't help it. I just got to hold the sweetest little week old baby Sam and I'm getting so darn baby hungry.

My arms are itching to snuggle one close to me.

My ear is twitching to hear one breathing softly in my ear while curled up in a little ball on my shoulder.

I want to feel that velvety soft wrinkly skin with that hint of softer than soft downy fuzz covering it.

I want to drink in that perfect smell they have.

I want to look into those newborn eyes and wonder at what they're remembering.

I want to watch those little newborn stretches.

And yes, I even want to hear that sweetest ever newborn cry.I love how they fling their arms wide open when they hear a loud sound.

I love the sounds they make when they're eating.

I love the satisfied, limp, drunken state they get in when they're done.

I love those teeny feet.

I love nighttime feedings...alone with them bathed in the dim light coming from the cracked open closet, snuggling them close.

I LOVE holding someone else's baby, and yes, every newborn is amazing. Holding other newborns helps.

But the problem is that it's not the same with someone else's baby.

It's just different when it's MY baby...part of me. It gives me that feeling that I can almost feel my own heart beating in that tiny chest because I'm so in love.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Im right there with you. I want a baby so bad I can taste it. Problem is that I dont know how to have a baby with out having another kid. Because I dont want to have five kids lol.

kate said...

So precious.

Makes me appreciate my little Sam. Come hold him tomorrow.

Love Love Love the new blog. Very cool.

Katie said...

Jenny hon, I feel your pain. Though you are much closer to having that then I am!