Monday, February 22, 2010

Potty Training

Here we go...

Gabe decided on his own that he wanted to go potty in the potty last Thursday night (02/18) before bath. I was in the other room and I heard Bryan yell "Gabe's going potty in the potty" I ran to the bathroom and screamed "YEA" so loud I scared him. lol
Friday Morning we tried to go again, but he strained and said "It's not working, mommy." We put big boy underoos on and went about our morning. A little later I went downstairs and he had gone in his underwear and on the floor. The rest of the day was shot for trying to work on this due to driving to WA for my Grandma's Memorial.
Sunday morning he woke up dry...I was in the shower, so Bryan was taking care of Gabe and didn't think to put him on the potty after being dry all night. Oh well we'll get the hang of this. Last night he asked to go again and was successful. ((thumbs up))

We're going to take this opportunity to really push and work hard this week at potty training this boy. I can't even tell you how excited I will be if this will work before the baby gets here and we'll only have one in diapers!

Day 1:
Woke up with a wet diaper. Huge fits in the morning. Crying and saying he's not a big boy. Calmed down. Big boy underwear on and making a Potty chart. Went in his underwear. Doesn't seem to care that he's wet yet.
OH man this is hard and we're definitely going to have to get our carpets cleaned after this. This little boy is stubborn and wants to do things in his timing. Going to push through it though!

We had a pretty successful day. About 10 times in the potty which = lots of M&M's and stickers on his chart. Only 4 times in his underwear and on the floor. No #2 today...


5 comments:

kate said...

way to go on the potty chart. Can I have you make one of those for eloise's whining? :)
you can do it girl!

TcH said...

love the picture of him on the potty watching TV. LOL
we tried doing that with Kam and all she did was poop on the wood floor. Of course she was a bit younger than Gabe. I gave up after that. LOL
Good luck! sounds like he is definitely ready!!!!

Jenny said...

Kate - I found the chart online and colored it.

OH T I am afraid of pooping on the floor. He didn't poop at all yesterday and today he did in a diaper because I wasn't at home.

I do think he's ready.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Janell said...

Yes! It was a nice, NASTY poopy diaper that I had to clean! Tell that boy he needs to go poop everyday!! LOL

Brandy said...

The crying and saying he's not a big boy is HILARIOUS! I wish I had a buck everytime I heard that and it's opposite statement. haha!