Friday, October 30, 2009

2.5

That's what Gabey Monster is.

2 and a half-years-old.

And boy does he ever let us know it.

I've heard people say two-year-olds are either adorable or horrible. For the first half of his life as a two-year-old he was the former: adorable. I can't get enough of the smiles, the snuggles, those soft, squishy hugs.

But now he's reverting to the latter...the "horrible" part is kicking in in full force. Yep, that MONSTER part of being two is coming out quite nicely.


He says "Mine" with toys whether they are his or not.

I was talking to him in the car and he does this thing with his eyes that I swear to you he's rolling his eyes at me.

He won't go to his class at church. He wines, cry's and his whole body goes limp.

He swats away at people who are trying to be nice to him with an angry look.

When you want him to do something, he takes his sweet ol time.

He says "Stop it, Don't, I hit you, I kick you"

When he doesn't get his way he crosses his arms, shakes his head and sighs.

If we try to help him he says "NO I DO IT!"

Throws his toys when he's mad

We'll still keep him...I mean, look at him...how could we not? Monster or not, we adore this child with all our hearts.

We'll keep him because miraculously those three to five minutes of brightness out of the day make up for all the monster stuff the rest of the day....at least in my book.

2 comments:

TcH said...

the reason God makes them cute is so we dont send them back
LOL

Brenda L said...

This too shall pass. I repeat over and over to myself. You can borrow it, Jenny