Sunday, January 03, 2010

Can’t stand to eat at home, always want to eat out!

Before getting pregnant I planned meals weekly trying to only eat out maybe once a week if that.

I’m not talking about wanting donuts and fried chicken constantly, because thankfully I do not. However, I can’t stand the thought of eating at home, unless it’s cereal. And that’s not one word of a lie.

Like the thought of cooking chicken or hamburger – Ew. Thinking about eating a salad at home – No thanks.

I’m not sure if it’s the thought of preparing food at home, or just the fact that I am completely tired all the time right now. It just seems so much easier to run out and pick something up, even when I could have been perfectly capable of making it at home. Our pocketbook, however, is not liking this one bit.

Dinner time is a struggle. Nothing sounds good. So funny that you need to eat for baby, but it's hard when the thought of ANYTHING makes me sick.

3 comments:

TcH said...

funny you should post this b.c I am in the same boat. NOTHING sounds good and if it does and I eat it, then I end up feeling sick. Hilarious that I have been having cereal every morning b/c it sounds so good.
You know what, if you want cereal EAT IT! your family wont starve if they have to eat soup and grilled cheese for a few weeks. Or maybe pancakes or what not. It all works out
Love you friend!

Katie said...

You need my personal chef...Kate. Seriously she saves me money and weight, because I don't eat out when I have a cooked meal ready to go.

Lately to help though I just force myself to buckle down and cook one big meal on the weekend that I can use throughout the week. Granted you have a family and therefore need to cookmore, but make somethings in advance and freeze them and then just pull it out when you are tired. Find those easy things like T said and don't worry about it to much.

Brenda L said...

That sounds so familiar Jenny. When I was pregnant I craved Caesar salad with Amanda then French dressing with Anthony. But I did not want it at home because it made me feel sick if I made it. Did not make any sense. Also the acid reflux made it so absolutely nothing sounded good. So it was hard to make meals.
Thankfully Trevor would come home 2 or 3 times a week and make dinner. I felt so bad that he had to do all that after working but he was happy to help because he knew there wasn't anything I could do about how I felt.
Just keep pushing through you'll be better in a bit.