Monday, June 21, 2010

Transition

We are smack-dab in the middle of transition. Before I got pregnant, our lives were fairly "normal" and a pretty predictable all things considered. REALLY though, the only thing that remains constant in our lives, is change.

Gabe has been OFF lately...I think he is more aware of what is coming then I expected. He's been more defiant, more whiny, if he doesn't get his way he cries as loud as he can, been more clingy he says "mamma, I need you!" He's been very worried about me leaving him or something. He has been talking non stop about how things have lost their mommy's and how sad they are. It's heartbreaking.

I am in NO WAY complaining about these things. I know that this has so much to do with the baby coming. It has been hard though, I'm not going to lie.

The only thing that makes me sad about the new baby coming, is that Gabe will no longer be my only little baby. I am glad though, to of had so much time alone with him for three years. I guess it's just part of being the first born-you get more attention but you're also the guinea pig for you're parents so they can figure everything out on you. (Not that we have everything figured out!) :)

So, I'm going to savor theses last few weeks with Gabe as my only baby-snuggle up to him more, rub his tiny soft fingers, smell the sweet smell of his freshly washed hair, kiss his soft little lips and always remember to do these things with him! I love him so much and hope that he always feels like a special individual of our family and I hope that he will love being a big brother!

No comments: