Saturday, January 07, 2012

Preschool

I've been so behind on my blog, but how could I NOT document Gabey's first day of preschool.

When I first started thinking about preschool for Gabe, I had three I wanted to check out. Gateway, Open Door and SSC Early Learning Preschool. I got information from each. My friend Teresa's daughter went to SSC and that one I had to apply for even if I decided not to go there because Gabe was out of the district so we were put on a list.
I heard about Open Door from my cousin who sent her kids there. I had no doubt that it is a great school, but they were the most expensive. SSC was the cheapest, but we still weren't sure if Gabe was going to get in. We were told that he was #13 on the list. I decided to pursue Gateway too. My sister was sending Jaden to Gateway too. That's where her and Janell went when they were that age. I wasn't feeling right about putting Gabe and Jaden in the same class. I know that Jaden would do well and grow, but I just felt that Gabe would cling to Jaden and not grow, reach out, meet others etc.
We ended up finding out that he got into SSC PTL. He was in the afternoon class. At first I was ok with that, but ended up getting on the list for the morning class. He was #1 on the list. Everything seemed to fall right into place and we found out that he got a spot in the morning class. Besides a couple hard mornings he loves it and LOVES his teacher, teacher Kristen. His face lights up when we walk in each morning. It's been a little difficult for me. I would like to sit in the class a little longer in the morning, but it's hard with Jayce. He wants to stay and play too. He screams and tries to get into everything. Thankful there is an observation room to watch how they do. I want to actually spend more time watching and hopefully find a time where I can volunteer in the class. Find someone to watch Jayce.

I can still remember kissing his lips the first time I saw his newborn face, like it was yesterday. Really. And now he's off to a real, preschool, and I wasn't even sure I was into preschool a few years ago. But I feel almost completely comfortable with it all. I know it's not like he's started kindergarten. (Coming way faster than I want it too though) I didn't need to send him with any supplies or even lunch. But I do have to drive him about 20-25 minutes away as opposed to my roll out of bed, hold Jayce in my arms and drop him off for 2.5 hours. I'm always worried about being late picking him up and so far I've only been late once by 5 mins and he was all smiles. phew.

I love love love being a mommy...through it all. Hard times, sad times, but most of all the good times!

Gabe's 1st day at Preschool (October 4th, 2011)

Pumpkin Day (October 19th, 2011)

Gabe made his very own biscuit

No comments: