Friday, May 25, 2007

Life

Lets see where to begin? I hope I can remember everything...Bryan has had a ton of homework so I haven't gotten much time to log on.

Last Friday we pretty much stayed around the house for the day then we picked up a few things at the store and headed to our Sunday School class dinner at the B's. It was our first time getting to go to the Friday night dinners and it went pretty well. We got there and pretty much everyone was there. Deanna was BBQing and parents were getting their kids dinner. There are a ton of little girls in our group. Gabe has the pick of the litter although they're all older than him.
We ate dinner and went downstairs to meet. I had to leave and feed Gabe during that and then when I came back down he was getting fussy so Bryan and I left. I didn't get to hear pretty much any of the meeting, but such is my life now. Maybe at the next one he'll be better and he actually wasn't that bad I just didn't want to distract everyone and also push him.

Saturday we had Travis's surprise b-day party. Mom wasn't doing anything that night so she offered to watch Gabe while we went. We went over to my parents a little early so that Bryan could help my dad bring up their entertainment center from the family room to the living room. There is a lot of moving around and chaos with getting ready for Julie and Nathan to move in. We left for the party around 6:50 and went to Papa's Pizza. Travis was pretty surprised, but as they pulled up he saw cars of people he knew so he caught on. There was a pretty good turn out and it was fun to hang out and chat with everyone.

I talked to Randy for a while about work. When I return back to work I will be on his team and working for the Safeway pod. I won't be on the 12th floor anymore, but up on the 20th floor. This is going to be SO weird. I hope that I will like it. It's going to be hard enough going back to work let alone having a whole new position. He said that they have a ton of work and that they don't know what they're going to do for the whole summer...they need me now.

He also told me why I haven't heard back from Christina the HR gal in our office. Right after the last time I talked to her on the phone she had gone to a dr appointment and they found a tumor the size of a basketball in her uterus. They didn't even give her the chance to go for a 2nd opinion they operated 2 days later and now she is having to undergo chemo therapy. WOW!

I have talked to an HR gal in our Bellevue office and they are trying to get this all figured out. I have been out since March on bed rest and then having Gabe and recovering from that. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but I could be getting back paid for my time off. That would help us out so much!

We had had a pretty rough night with Gabe on Friday and Saturday evening too. I was so tired and we decided not to go to church and just stay home. Although Bryan got a phone call saying that the annex wasn't open and that the kids couldn't find any staff so he ended up getting ready quickly and going.
It ended up being ok though...Kimmie (one of the staff) and a few of the girls went to go find someone to open up the annex and they ended up stopping in the little coffee shop thing that our church put in the library. I haven't see it yet because I forgot to look at it when we went to church on Mother's day, but I heard it looks awesome!

I am not remembering a lot of things...my days keeping running into each other and when I don't journal for a while I forget. I don't remember what we did on Monday. I know that I stayed home because I knew that I was going to be taking Gabe with me to the shower and Bryan was going to class.
My shower was AWESOME! My sisters (Julie and Janell)/seesters (Teresa and Moo), plus my mom did a great job. I am so blessed to have them in my life. Mom, Julie and Janell decorated early that afternoon and Teresa and Moo set up the food. The decor was so cute. Gabe and I got there around 5:45 with Julie and Janell. My mom left to get there by 5:30 to open up the church. I had to feed Gabe and people started arriving. Gabe was a little fussy after I fed him and as we started the shower I gave him to my mom so that I could get some food and have her hold him while I opened up the gifts.

After everyone got food and settled down we played a couple games...nothing big because I hate games. My mom put an invitation under one of the chairs and gave that person a gift card and then we went around the room and everyone said how they knew me and Bryan and guessed how much I weighed when I was born. Everyone guessed low. I was 8lbs 8 ounces.
I started opening the gifts and BOY did we get a lot. I feel way more settled now and overwhelmed with the generosity of everyone.
I wanted to go home right then and organize! I love organizing!
I walked around and mingled and people started leaving. I don't think we got home until 10? My dad and Bryan unloaded the car and took everything up to Gabe's room.

Poor Julie had to leave right after the shower. Jaden was hysterical and both my dad and Nathan couldn't calm him down.

Gabe slept SO well Monday night. My mom said that he was awake during pretty much the whole shower. It must have pooped him out because he slept a lot on Tuesday. In between feedings I got on organizing all of the shower stuff. I started on Laundry because he got a lot of clothes and we got ready to go to another 30th surprise b-day party for Bryan's friend Kevin. We met everyone out at the place called Big Al's in Vancouver. This place is AWESOME!

It has:
30 traditional bowling lanes
12 lounge style bowling lanes
4,000 sq. ft. arcade / 100 player positions
1300 person party / event capacity
7,000 sq. ft. Sports Bar & Grill
One Gigantic Jumbo-Tron
(8 ft. tall x 36 ft. wide)
17 super bright projection screens
76 High Definition Plasma Screens
5 Private Party Rooms
7 Billiard Tables
1 Championship Shuffleboard Table





We were there for an hour or so and the guy's played pool while the girls sat up in some booths and talked. Dave and Shaela were there. I haven't seen them in FOREVER! I ended up talking with her pretty much the whole time. We talked about her kids and what we've been up too. It was great to see them. After we left Big Al's we went to Kevin and Ginger's and had cake and we left around 9.

We got another meal this week from the B's. Deanna brought us Chicken bisque. It was SO good. She dropped that off around 6 on Wednesday night and stayed for a few minutes and talked.
We have two more meals next week from Jay and Diane and Nate and Teresa. I am going to miss having meals! We have been so blessed by the class bringing us meals and they have been SO yummy. Some of the meals have lasted a couple days too. We have felt so loved!
It's hard some nights when Bryan is gone at school or youth group and I've had to fend for myself. The other night I put Gabe down to quickly make myself some dinner, and he got mad. I ended up holding him and eating at the counter. I remember Teresa telling me about all the times she had to eat standing up and stuff her face as fast as she could. I've even had to pee holding him sleeping happily. Have you ever tried washing your hands holding a baby. It's a little difficult.

I'm officially staying steady at 150!! I bought a couple capri's last week when I went to ON, size 10 and they fit pretty good. They are a little big, but I still can't fit in my 8's yet and a lot of my shirts still don't fit as well. This is frustrating! Bryan and I went on a walk yesterday and I tried walking with Calie and pushing the stroller to see how that worked out and Calie did well staying beside the stroller and not getting in front of it or pulling. I think I need to walk more and I can probably start doing sit-ups again. Bryan has these ones that he does that are hard, but they really do a good job. My goal is to get below 150 by next Saturday even if it is only 149.

Yesterday was Gabe's EDD! I can't believe it! I can no longer say that he's still supposed to be in my tummy.
He's been really focusing more and we've been putting toys in front of him to see if he can see them. We've also been working on Tummy Time and he's been working on lifting his head etc. He lifts his head a lot when we have him up on our chest too. He's starting to fill out. His little legs and feet don't look so skinny anymore and his cheeks are getting a little chubby.







No comments: