Monday, June 25, 2007

Weekend Craziness

Friday, Bryan and I got up and started cleaning the house for our weekend guests (Betty and Gary, Bryan's parents from Idaho). Every summer we try to make a point to take a weekend to visit them. Whether that be over on their farm or here at our house. Last year it was their turn to come here, but the summer flew by and the annual visit didn't work out. So, they decided to come here this year since we had Gabe. Bryan also mowed the lawn and washed both vehicles inside and out. They arrived here around 1ish and came straight to our house before checking into their hotel, but the funny thing was that we didn't hear them until Bryan saw them driving away. They had rang the doorbell which doesn't work because we shut it off. It would randomly ring in the middle of the night or when someone down the street had a doorbell with the same signal and they apparently had guests ringing their doorbell. Bryan called them and they went to go see if they could check in and they came back after that.
1st meeting with grandpa and grandma Wangsgard and grandma was all smiles. We sat around talking and then decided we all were hungry so we went to dinner. I had high hopes for The Cheesecake Factory or Claim Jumpers, but we ended up at Roadhouse Grill. After a very yummy dinner we came back to our house and talked some more.

Saturday morning they came over around 8 and Gary and Bryan went to Safeway to pick up all the fixin's for breakfast. Bryan made sausage egg mcmuffins and french toast. I cleaned up the kitchen and we left for Target in Clackamas. Betty needed a few things and I had forgotten to get more thank you cards on Tuesday when we went so I picked up those. We left there and went to Babies R Us and I took back some duplicates that I had gotten at my shower and Betty wanted to get some things for Gabe. We got a changing pad cover because I only had one, some more q-tips and a sun hat (that's still a little too big, but he looks dang cute in it :o)) I want to get a bouncer seat I think, but I wasn't sure which one to get so they gave us some cash for that or maybe something else we maybe need??? After we left there I suggested that we go to Multnomah Falls or the Farmer's Market in downtown Gresham. We decided on the Farmer's Market. When we parked there was a lady who had locked her key's in her car so Bryan, Gary and Betty helped her with that and I needed to get hot water to warm Gabe's bottle up so he could eat. Speaking of Gabe's feeding time...sometimes it takes him an hour to eat 3 ounces. I'm a slow eater so he must get that from me. hehe After I was done feeding Gabe I went to find the others. They had gotten the lady's car unlocked and were ready to go. I was a little bummed because I wanted to walk around and look at all the booths. I had never been before...I think we'll have to go back in the next couple weeks or so. We got a quick bite to eat and Betty and Gary went back to their hotel for a nap before going over to my parents for a BBQ. It was a lot of fun. I always enjoy hanging out with the Wangsgards and wished we lived closer so that we could see each other more than once a year.

At least once a year my grandparents take a turn for the worst and then somehow get better. which I'm glad...I'm not ready for God to take them home yet. I don't want to look back after they pass though and regret not seeing them as often as I should/could. My dad had gotten 2 tickets to the Mariner Game on Sunday behind home plate. My mom isn't that into sports so it's my dads tradition to take one or all of his daughters with him. We love it! Father Daughter time. Julie was going with him this time and my mom went to stay at Grandma's with Jaden. Grandma and grandpa hadn't seen Jaden yet or Gabe for that matter. I thought about it all Saturday night and decided to go up with them. I miss my family and it had been WAY too long since the last time I'd seen them. We had to leave by 8 so that Julie and dad could make it to the game. Gabe and I said our sad goodbye's to Betty and Gary and we left for our random day trip to WA. Gabe slept the whole way up there and was a very good boy. It was fun visiting with grandma and grandpa. My cousin Jessica came over with her little girl Kirsten and then later on Julie, dad and uncle David got back from the game, Aunt Lolly, Jessica's husband and their three year old son Caleb came over and we all had take out from Olive Garden.
It was so much fun and Jaden even got to play great grandma's piano without washing his hands. We used to get in SO much trouble if we played and hadn't washed our hands first.
We got home late and the boy's were pooped. Gabe slept the whole way home and Jaden did a good job too.

What a fun but crazy weekend!

No comments: