Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Date Swap

Teresa came up with this cool idea to do a date swap with us. I watch Kambrie once a month so that she and Nate can go out alone and they watch Gabe once a month so that Bryan and I can go out. Last night after work I met Janell at my parent’s house. She watches Gabe every Tuesday at our house and usually takes him over in our car to my parent’s house around 3:30-4. She had brought me a change of clothing so I quickly changed and then left for Nate and Teresa’s. I got there around 5:15 and K had just woken up from her nap. She looked excited to see us. Teresa gave me the scoop and then they left for their 8th year Anniversary date night. In the past I think I have watched Kambrie every year but one on their Anniversary. Last year they even brought us home a treat. K got a cool menu from the restaurant they went too and I got a book of matches. K and I asked if they were going to bring us home another treat this year. haha
After they left K showed me the new layout of her room. T rearranged some stuff. We got some toys for Gabe to play with and then we sat and read some books. Around 6:30 we got ready for dinner. Gabe finished before K so I let him get down…bad move. He can stand up at her little table and at first I thought oh he won’t try and get anything, but Kambrie was freaking out that he was going to get her food. Sure enough he got a hold of her peaches and dumped some of it on the floor, on Lee and on himself. I hurried and took the peaches out of Gabe’s hand, picked up Lee and put him in his kennel while I stripped Gabe down and tried to clean up the mess. K had finished eating and so we went upstairs and put on her nightgown and she and Gabe were playing in her room. K shut all the doors to the other rooms and I shut the gate and went down to get Lee cleaned up. I told K to call me if she needed me. The monitor was on so I could hear everything they were doing. Sheesh I kind of saw what it feels like to have 2 kids during a crazy time. K did great with Gabe…she’s a little helper. I went back up after cleaning Lee up and we read a few books up in her room. Gabe was standing near her bed…it was just the right height for him. It was really funny…all night with certain things K would say “that is really special to me” meaning she didn’t want Gabe to touch it. At one point I was rocking him in T’s rocking chair and she has this bowl of decorative balls in it and Gabe wanted them. I told Gabe NO that those were No touches and K said “because those are VERY special to mommy” heehee
When Nate and Teresa got home Gabe and I left. Gabe fell asleep right away in the car and didn’t wake up when we transferred him to his bed.

Now Bryan and I have to figure out what we’re going to do for our date night!

1 comment:

TcH said...

ah ha!!! It's funny to read about your night. I didnt know about Lee getting peaches on him. That CRACKS me up. Crusty old peachy Lee. ha ha ha.