Friday, March 28, 2008

“Lord, please keep my little guy healthy!”

Mom came over this morning at 6:30 to watch Gabe at our house. When I went down stairs I saw that it was SNOWING A LOT. What is up with this weather we’re having? I now see blue sky and the sun is peaking through the clouds. SO random.

Gabe is finally feeling better. He went in to see Dr. Mary on Monday and she prescribed him Amoxicillin because he was on the brink of an ear infection and she wanted to try and head it off with the medicine before it became a full blown infection. Coughing has died down and the runny nose is pretty much gone. YAHOO!

We decided to have mom over at our house because Jaden is still deathly sick. Poor thing. My heart is breaking for him and for mama. They took him to emergency on Easter Sunday and they ended up admitting him. His oxygen was way to low and he was dehydrated. He also had Pneumonia. He had an IV and had to be on oxygen. Julie and my mom said that he would just lie in their arms so weak and frail. They figured out that because he was about 13 weeks early and his lungs weren’t developed completely that there is scaring on his lungs and that he has trouble breathing due to Asthma. He has to have an inhaler for at least a year and they’ll reevaluate. Julie called me yesterday pretty calm but I just can’t imagine what she must be going through physically and emotionally. Jaden was up all night Wednesday night throwing up and then yesterday Jaden walked away from Julie and she noticed that he was all wet. Every time he eats he has a blow out and mom told me this morning that he’ll walk around a little bit but has to lie down for a while to gain some energy back. I guess the throwing up and the diarrhea is from the meds. He’s lost a pound and looks horrible. :o( I just want to snuggle him.

So Easter has been pretty uneventful in our household the last couple of years. Last year I was in the hospital and this year was sick.
Bryan left for church on Easter and had called me while I was trying to get something out of Calie’s mouth in which she accidently ended up biting my finger, Gabe was crying/screaming which ended in me crying. We were all a total mess so he actually came home instead because he thought we might have needed him more. It was just one of those moments that you just lose it.
My mom and I combined an Easter basket for Gabe this year. He got 3 books, some bubbles, strawberry and apple puffs and a pair of shorts with a shirt that goes with it. He loves the bubbles. The other night he was in hysterics because when I blew the bubbles Calie was jumping everywhere eating the bubbles. I think I lost a few ounces from laughing so hard. Bryan had to come investigate what was going on too since he wasn’t with us and could hear us laughing. How can you NOT have fun playing with your kid’s. I just LOVE it! I don’t think I have ever laughed SO much. I love the little personality that he’s getting. It reminds me a lot of Bryan.

Our turn for the date swap (sounds like a TV show HA)! We were supposed to go out last Saturday, but Gabe still wasn’t 100% so T and I talked about tonight instead. I think we’re going to Olive Garden for dinner. I have a GC and also someone gave us $20 to go on a date together. (((thumbs up)))

T just wrote me an email and told me something funny that Kambrie said today. haha

Kambrie is so funny she said "tell aunt Jenny what I need to eat" I said
"actually she isn't babysitting you, we are babysitting Gabe" and she said
"well, thats CONFUSING. I want her to babysit me" I said "she will next month"
she said "tomorrow?" I said "no next month" she said "tomorrow?" I said "I'll
let you know when it gets here"

3 comments:

TcH said...

Poor Jaden! :- ( I just saw on Julie's MySpace update that he is back in the hosptial?? :- (
please let us know if we can help your family in anyway.

I think I actually called it a "babysitting swap" otherwise it could be weird, like we are dating each others husbands. Like I swap Nate for Bryan. ha ha. EWWWWW hee hee.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

I never thought of it that way. HA Now that wouldn't be appropriate.

Yeah he's back in. :o( I actually haven't had an update for a while. Probably too late to call them now.

Thanks!