Tuesday, March 04, 2008

We had a fun weekend!

After being sicker then I have been in a long time and using my personal days to stay home, I was back to work Thursday and Friday. I had a lot of catching up to do. Thursday and Friday flew by. After work on Friday I rode Max transit to Gateway and met Moo there. She picked me up and we left to go to dinner at Claim Jumper for our birthdays! I must have really been into my work Friday because when I got to the lobby of my building I noticed that it was pouring outside and was shocked. Thankfully I had my umbrella with me.
We drove the back roads to Claim Jumper. The freeway was NASTY just like it always is on Friday’s. I had made a reservation because otherwise you have to wait a long time. We made it just in time. We had to park in the boonies though. I had opened my umbrella and Moo said “Let’s run!” and started to run…all of the sudden she was gone! I looked down and she had fallen. There was a pretty deep hole in the road and Moo stepped right into it. Her pants were all wet and she thought she might have skinned her knee. Wasn’t expecting that hole to be there that’s for sure. We made our way to the restaurant and almost got hit by a van that was pulling way too fast out of his parking spot and finally made it in. We got seated right away. As we were walking in I saw my sister’s friend Christina. Hugged her and said hi. After we sat down Moo saw some friend’s of Travis’s so she went and said hi to them. Our waitress ended up being Tiffany Gosvenor. Her family used to go to our church so Moo and I have known her since she was little. We ordered and just sat and talked. We ended up seeing Debbie from our Sunday school class too. That place is popular! Moo and I were making fun a few things on the menu. One of them being the world’s smallest chocolate sundae. Well Moo ended up getting that for dessert and I got this humongous ice cream sandwich (which by the way I took maybe 5 bites of and Bryan was more than happy to share the rest with me later haha). We ended up going back to Moo’s house and hanging out there for a while. We had a really good time. We didn’t go out last year for our birthdays so this year more than made up for it. HA
Bryan and Gabe came and got me and we went home. I got to snuggle with Gabe and put him down for bed and I was going to stay up and putter around on the computer but I was wiped out so I ended up going to be too.

Gabe woke up around 6:30-7 on Saturday morning. I fed him breakfast and then he played in the living room while I cleaned up the kitchen. Bryan left to meet with our tax preparer and I played with Gabe and started cleaning up the house. Gabe went down for his first nap around 9:30. Usually if he gets up kind of early he goes down 2-3 hours later. I took that opportunity to get in the shower and get ready. Bryan got home around 10:30 and he put away his bedding stuff that he’d been using since he hadn’t been sleeping with me. We left and got coffee’s with a SB gift card I got for my birthday and went to watch Kaleb’s basketball game. Both his team and the other team were undefeated so it was a fun game to watch and Kaleb’s team won! Gabe did really well he watched the game in my lap and he liked it when the ref’s blew their whistles. He clapped. He got passed around to everyone. He would not smile for Genny and Michelle. Genny tried really hard but he just wasn’t going to give in. I like going to Kaleb’s games. Michelle had mentioned to me when he started but it just slipped my mind. I think next year I will try and go more if we can. He’ll be in HS next year (HOLY COW) and the games will cost, but be a ton of FUN! It was pouring when we left. It started hailing on our way home too. It was crazy.
We got home around 1ish and after I put Gabe down for his afternoon nap I went to Safeway to pick up a few things I needed for dinner. Terry, Mel and their boy’s were coming over. Kind of funny we had a “Steele” day. It was fun!
For dinner I made Foil-pack Taco Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
4 tsp. taco seasoning mix
1/2 lb. red potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
1/2 cup Thick 'N Chunky salsa
3/4 cup shredded four cheese mexican style cheese
1/4 cup sour cream

Preheat oven to 400 degrees sprinkle chicken with seasoning mix. Place 1/2 cup of potatoes on center of each of 4 large sheets of heavy-duty foil; top evenly with chicken, salsa and cheese.

Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and both ends to seal each packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Place in 15x10x1-inch baking pan.

Bake 30-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove packets from oven. Let stand 5 min. cut slits in foil to release steam before opening. Serve with sour cream.

And for dessert I made Chocolate Peanut Butter bars (I hadn’t made these in a while. They are very fattening but to die for. I make A LOT of Chocolate Peanut Butter desserts. I think because I know Bryan will love it.)

They showed up around 5:30 and we talked while the boy’s played. Gabe was trying to show them all of his fun toys. Dinner was ready soon after they arrived and we ate. The dinner was a hit. Sammy ate his entire plate plus some of Josh’s. When the boy’s finished they got down and played and we talked more and ate dessert. They left around 8-8:30 when Josh wanted to crawl into Gabe’s crib and sleep. He said “Sleep” and Mel knew that it was time for night-night. It was really fun getting to spend time with them.
After they left I gave Gabe a bath and got him ready for bed. Bryan played some video games and I puttered around on the computer till midnight. Too late probably…I need all the rest I can get. I still don’t feel “normal” yet from this stupid sickness. BLAH!

Sunday we went to church. Bryan had someone cover for him in JR high and we both went to our class. A while back our group did blessings for everyone. We picked one or two couples over a few Sunday’s and we blessed them plus if there was anyway to help them out with anything that happened. Example: they had a work day for Travis and Moo. Well Bryan and I hadn’t been blessed yet…mostly because Bryan teaches JR the same hour our class meets so I’m there alone. Moo arranged with Bryan a Sunday that he could come to class and we got blessed. It’s very different being the one getting blessed. So many people said so many kind things…it was very overwhelming and I started tearing up when Teresa talked and when Moo talked. We definitely felt much loved. We stood around and talked for a while and then we went up to church. There was a couple from Multnomah there for the first time that are considering helping out in JR High so we sat with them.
After service was over I went and got Gabe from the nursery introduced myself to the new couple (I forgot their names oops) and Kambrie came running up to me and showed me the craft she did in her class. Gabe tried to crawl outside…one of the side doors was opened so I closed it and we all ended up over by some stairs up to the balcony. Kambrie was climbing the stairs and sitting on them. Gabe was watching her and just very into her. He wanted to touch her and do what she was doing. It was cute, but at one point he fell down two steps. We’ve been working on showing him how to scoot down the stairs on his tummy but he wants to turn around and show the world that he’s on the stair. I felt HORABLE! He screamed and screamed. I hate that hurt cry that he does too. I hugged him for a bit and calmed him down and pretty soon he wanted back down and crawled back over to the stairs.
After church we went home and ate lunch. Gabe went down around 2 for a nap and both Bryan and I took about an hour nap too. It felt SO good. Bryan worked on homework the rest of the day and when Gabe got up I took him and Calie for a walk around our neighborhood.

OH I forgot PRAISE -- Sunday we got our tax paperwork and signed it for Kelly and we’re getting A LOT back. I am shocked at how much we’re getting. We’re trying to decide if we should use it for a new roof or if we should put it away and build up our savings again. We need a new roof so I don’t know?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow hunny, that was seriously the longest blog entry I think you have ever put out there!! =)

I seriously hope you get over being sick soon!!

I love you!! You are the best wife and mommy!!

kate said...

cute bryan.

Angela's husband is now and roofing contractor. I could see what his deals are.

love tax time

love to see you soon

TcH said...

I wish we got taxes back. AWWW the life of the self employed. Sigh. I will live through you and your taxes. I vote for the roof. you really need one and living in Oregon really isn't an option NOT to have a good roof during rainy season. Sigh! SUCKS!!!!

That recipe that you posted sounds awesome. I am SO making that next week!!!!

thanks again for tonight. K had so much fun with you. I love you! You are a very good/dear friend to me, Nate and Kambrie (and Lee too :- )

Jenny said...

I've posted longer blogs before you just never read' em. Plus a lot of the time I spred it out in between pictures.
I love you too!

That would be great Kate, Not looking forward to having to spend money on a new roof but that's what being a homeonwer is huh?!
I love tax time too...
Let me know if you want some company tonight. Jaden took my cell so I don't have that...

T - it's a really good recipe. I think Nate and K will like it too.
I'm so glad you had a good time out with Nate on your anniversary! Thanks for my treat too. hehehehe