Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Family Pictures

Sunday was a crazy day! We woke up around 7, had breakfast and then puttered around for a little bit. We didn't go to church because I needed Gabe to take a good nap before pictures at 1.
While Gabe napped I showered, gave Calie a bath, got ready, packed some things for Bryan, did some laundry, took everything out to the truck, got Gabe up around 11:30, got him ready and left for the church to pick up Bryan.
He had just gotten back from the retreat at noon. He hurried into the church, shaved and changed his clothes and we were out of there. We drove to Cathedral Park in St. Johns. What a beautiful park. And what a beautiful day. It was really windy that day but it wasn't so bad when we were doing the pictures…just a few times the wind picked up and my hair went crazy a little. We had so much fun with Mike and Becky. Gabe was totally infacuated with Mike. He is bald and I think that Gabe just thinks that's interesting. He was looking at him the way he does uncle Nate. Maybe because Grandpa's bald? It's funny.
They had gotten there early to scope the place out so that they knew where to go and what pictures they wanted to take.
Gabe did pretty good, Calie not so much, but I suspected that. Gabe was a little ham. Especially when we let him run around this picinic table and they took pictures of just him. He was laughing and smiling and posing. It was hilarious.
Here are a few of the ones Becky put up on her blog:





7 comments:

Kara said...

the pictures are beautiful. Gabe is such a handsome boy!!!k

TcH said...

OH.MY.GOSH.
those are so cute!!! I will order one of each please!!!!!!
I love Gabe's vest. I almost had a heart attack b/c when I first saw the picture out of the corner of my eye it looked like had one of those little suit vests on. ANd you and I have talked about those before. ha ha ha. I should have known you would never do that.
ha ha

I used to walk around Cathedral Park all of the time. it was right by the old Columbia Sportswear office. I did MANY many laps at that park on my lunch breaks.

Who are Mike and Becky? I love the shots. I was just thinking the other day that we need family shots. We have NEVER done a professional one. I might have to get their # from you.

Love yew!
T Bone

kate said...

So great. I LOVE them. They turned out so fabulous.

T - mike and becky did our pics. they are so great.

TcH said...

Ummm yea. Holy prices batman.
I think I will be staying at Portrait Innovations.
I looked at their blog.
They do GREAT work, but yikes!!!!

:- )

Jenny said...

Kara - thanks! :o)

T - um yea no would never put on a vest like that. EW
This vest is way cute. AND on sale at ON. YEA!
I have never been to that park before. I was glad she picked it. A little far away but we'll go back for sure.

The sitting fee was pricey but I knew that and have been saving since I made the appointment. The picture prices aren't that bad IMO. The last time we did family pictures that were pricey was 3-4 years ago. I don't mind paying that every now and again.

Kate - I loved Mike and Becky! They were so great.

Here is the link if you want to see the other pictures everyone. http://bagdanoffphoto.com/galleries/rogers

TcH said...

I love 0070 and 0080. Those crack me up. ha ha. So cute.

I think you should get the 40X60 canvas for the bargain price of $1170.

ACK!!!

hey, good luck choosing pictures that is going to be HARD they got SO many good ones!!!! I dont envy you, at ALL.

God's Girl said...

You have such a beautiful family. Great pictures : )

Have a wonderful weekend!

Julie