Thursday, December 11, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...finally getting into the Christmas spirit

Tuesday after work I went to pick up Gabe, then met mom and went up to see Janell at the hospital.
Well we went to dinner first which was an experience. Gabe had french fries. Yup that's it...french fries. What happened to my good eater. I miss the times when he would eat anything and everything.
It was a nice dinner just mom, Gabe Uncle Minny and I. Gabe calls Uncle Minny "Mimie"

After dinner we went to St V's. Walking in was so strange. The last time I was there we brought Gabe home. It was weird, all these emotions and memories...it's amazing that the smell and look of a place can take you back. It felt like it was just yesterday, yet so long long ago too.

We saw Janell. She looked good, but bored. I so remember that feeling. Janell got to come home today. She is still on strict bed rest and they have her on a ton of meds. We all still think that we'll have a little new member of the family by Christmas, but we shall see.
Gabe was starting to get tired and VERY cranky so we left. He fell asleep in the car and when we got home he woke up and I gave him a quick bath and rocked him to sleep. He cried the whole time. It was so sad and I felt so bad that I didn't get him home sooner and into bed.

Wednesday Jenny had her friend who is also a nanny come over with the 2 kids she watches and they made Gingerbread houses. Jenny said that Gabe was not at the least bit interested in putting the candy on the house. He ate it all up plus a ton of Graham crackers. HA
On our way home I had Bryan stop at the Bank by Nate and Teresa's and so we drove in their neighborhood to look at lights and see how festive their house was. When we went by their house I said "There is Uncle Nate, Aunt Teresa and Kambrie's house" and Gabe said "Wooooooooow" It was SO cute! At that moment I obviously felt myself getting into the Christmas spirit. FINALLY
When we got home Bryan put away the trash cans and Gabe and I walked down to the culdesac to the left of our house and looked at lights. The people right next to us put up A LOT and I think every house in the culdesac had lights up. Gabe was extremely excited. We walked around and went home.

We had Fajitas for dinner last night. OMGosh it was so good and nice to have something different. I was getting stuck on the sameO recipes and making the same things over and over. Bryan was in heaven and Gabe ate a little bit. The steak was a little hard for him to chew still.

Jenny had given me some curtains to try out in our bedroom and they looked good, but I got this hair brain idea to change the bedding back to the original ones we had. Right after Gabe was born I think I was still a little in the nesting stage and found bedding on sale. I was tired of the original stuff, well we painted our bathroom when we first moved in to match the original bedding and we aren't going to paint it again anytime soon. I decided last night I was tired of our room not looking complete and totally mismatched so out with the new and in with the old. HA
Looks SO much better...I think.

SO glad it's Friday tomorrow!

2 comments:

Kara said...

I know what you mean about a rut in recipes. I get used to cooking the same thing because it is easy and time saving.

Welcome to the world of picky eaters. I can't tell you how many times Ethan has just eaten french fries or only milk :)

TcH said...

It's the land of toddlers, the picky eating. You are NOT alone my dear. Not at all.

Im so made you came by and didnt say HI. your in BIG TROUBLE MISTER.

ha ha :- )