Monday, December 08, 2008

Sum-up

We had a VERY busy Thanksgiving weekend...

Thursday - Thanksgiving of course
Friday - Get up at 4am to go shopping with Moo and Sara and dinner that night with friends Michael and Kara
Saturday - We got up and went to Omsi when they opened up at 9:30. I can't even tell you how much fun Gabe and Jaden had. It was pretty exhausting for us old folks running around after them, but so much fun watching them play and interact.





Sunday - We went to church, came home and took naps and relaxed for the rest of the day



Tuesday I thought that my allergies were really bad, but by the time I got home I had a full blown cold and I did not feel good at all. Bryan had made a fort for Gabe with blankets and our dinning room table so that was fun. Wish that I had felt better though.


I ended up staying home on Wednesday because I just felt so icky and I ended up sleeping the morning away while Gabe played and read. He was a good sport. I slept the whole time he was down for his nap and felt worse when I woke up. About a few hours later I felt 100% better and it pretty much was over. Glad that I took the time to rest so that I got over it quick.

SO glad I was over my cold fast because there was NO WAY I was going to miss a night out with my friends.



I left work at 4 on Friday and drove to Moo's. got ready there and then we went to Betty's. T picked up Kimberly and before we left Wayne took our picture.
We went to Serratto's for dinner. We had a cozy little table by a window and had such a fabulous time. We laughed, had yummy food, good drinks and had great conversation. Seriously I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else. I love my friends!
We got to the restaurant around 6:40 and didn't get back to Betty's until around 10:30. We stayed and talked there for a while and then left. I took Moo home and didn't get home until after 1. I was SO tired all day Saturday but it was totally worth it!

We had a pretty lazy rest of the weekend.

Sunday I put together my weekly meal menu and this is what I made tonight. It was delish!

French Dip Sandwiches

Au jus:

* 1/2 tsp olive oil
* 1 small shallot, sliced thinly
* 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
* 3 -4 cups of beef broth
* 3 tsp bouillon crystals
* 1/2 tsp thyme
* Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste

Heat olive oil in a small pan then add shallot once it's hot. Sauté for 1-2 minutes then add garlic. Cook for 60 seconds, stirring frequently. Add broth, bouillon crystals, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook for at least 15 minutes for flavors to combine. Taste and re-season if needed.

Sandwiches:

* Roast beef, sliced as thinly as possible
* Hoagie buns

Toast the buns under the broiler in your oven. Place the roast beef into the au jus then remove after 20 seconds. Let the juices drip back into the au jus pan then place on the hoagie. Serve with au jus.

SO YUMMY!
Enjoy!

***Random Thoughts***
  • I think that I'm not going to post anything in DailyGabe anymore. Originally that was Bryan's when I was working and he had Gabe Wednesday and Thursday's and I barely do a good job at updating this blog. So there you go.
  • I decorated the house a little...I love this time of year but I haven't been into it this year. We need to get our tree. I think that will help. I also think that I shouldn't have packed so much into the 4 day Thanksgiving weekend. I usually get out my decorations the day after Thanksgiving and put it all up. I don't regret doing what we did...just wish I would have made time to get out the decorations sooner.
    Speaking of Christmas decorations. I have these bells that I got at a Pottery Barn after Christmas sale like 8 years ago and Gabe put them on his feet and walked around in them the whole time I was decorating. It was Hilarious!
  • I think that I want to take a photography class. I love taking pictures and want to learn more about how to use a camera beyond the auto function.

OK I need to go to bed. nighty night! :o)

1 comment:

TcH said...

HA HA HA!! Love the bells around his legs
He is a creative little guy
You need to put his binky coasters on here. I still can't believe he thought that up! Smart little fella.
And so clean. LOL