Saturday, July 03, 2010

Countdown

One week from today. We'll be a family of four. Holy Moly.

We'll have BOYS. As in "the boys and I are going to the park" or "Bryan, hurry home, the boys miss you" or "let's take the boys to ice cream for family night", or like I can say "my boys" and be referring to all three of them.
I love it.

It is so surreal that this is our last weekend as a family of three. This morning Gabe got into our bed with us and the three of us just laid there for a very long time. No one talked, it was quiet and relaxing. It was PERFECT!

I am so thankful for this past year and five months that I have been blessed to be home with my little man and not working full time spending more hours away from him then with him. I wouldn't change it for the world!

The last weeks of this pregnancy is a journey of self discovery that you can't fully share with anyone. You are trapped inside your brain. The one that you used to depend on. Now there's a team of people inside your head playing laser tag:

You're almost done being pregnant-I don't want to be-I can't last another day-Yes you can-I don't even know myself anymore-I'm huge-The baby has hiccups again-My skin is stretchy-Everything hurts-Why won't Gabe and Calie let me be-My husband is no longer funny-Not at all-I can't wait to meet his tiny face-What am I forgetting-Charge the camera batteries-Make a thousand lists-Be ready to feel icky after surgery-Try to act sane-Pay attention when people talk to you-

So, I sit here alone, eating my bowl of cereal, while my boys are out together getting donuts, expelling a deep breath...To most other people in the world, July is going to be just another summer month. For us and our loved ones, an explosion of happiness and surprise.

No comments: