Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Past 2 months

So we are alive. We are surviving. Like I've gotten out of the house and taken at least a few showers. ;)
I have to admit, though, it's been a lot harder then I expected and some days I feel like I'm barely hanging on. I LOVE newborns always have always will. Gabe was an excellent baby...Jayce is not as easy, but he is a good baby. We have had nights of 7-10 hours of sleep. Woohoo!!! I can't tell you how happy I am when I:

a. wake up before him, or

b. wake up to his sweet noises and grunts. There's nothing like a full night's sleep. Sigh.

There are several reasons why it's harder this time around for me.
Jayce is really fussy especially in the evenings. He cries A LOT whereas Gabe barely cried. Gabe loved his car seat and never cried in the car. We rarely have any car rides where Jayce is NOT crying. It's very overwhelming and it makes us all anxious.
Nursing is new to me...didn't nurse with Gabe and where I am very grateful that I seem to have a good supply this time and Jayce latched immediately it's not my favorite thing to do. It has definitely gotten way better though and it is such a blessing to not to have to spend so much money on formula.
I'm somewhat concerned still with the transition for Gabe. He's super sweet to the baby...But me? Well, he says he doesn't like me. He glares at me. Talks back to me. He intentionally scratches or hits me. He seems very angry. I know that part of it is because he's 3, but this has been the part that has been the hardest for me. It makes me sad. This will get better right?

NOW a bunch of pictures:

We're home




2 comments:

Kara said...

Hey Jenny

I understand how you feel. Ethan was 20 times harder than Arianna. It does get better. One thing we did for Arianna after Ethan was born was to have Mommy and Me days which was a day where we went out - just arianna and me - and did an activity that she chose. We still have those days. And also have daddy and me days. It gave her that time to feel special and not having a baby that needed to be tended to.

Brandy said...

Love the blog look you've got going on over here! ;o) Very snazzy!

Jayce is adorable, as is Gabe!