Saturday, May 07, 2011

Things I never want to forget #29-#34

29. Mom and I took the boys to their dr appointments and afterward we hung out with the HofAshi's. After Jayce and Audrey's naps Janell brought in the little pool full of balls and we had a ball fight. We had SO much fun and laughed a lot. Jayce thought we were all crazy.

30. On the way home on a sunny/rainy evening we saw a rainbow. Gabe said "look mommy the rainbow is reaching all the way up to God."

31. I LOVE their relationship right now
Gabe - "Look, we're holding hands"
32. Bryan was gone and I finished feeding Jayce his dinner. Left him in his chair and put on a Baby Einstein. I was getting Gabe some (late) dinner. Jayce was whining in his chair so I thought maybe he wanted to get down and play. I took him out, set him on the floor and he put his head down and sobbed. I picked him up and cradled him and he fell asleep immediately. Words can not even express how cute it was. My poor baby was SO tired. I wish that I could have snuggled him forever.

33. Jayce is purposely hunting down/chasing Gabe. He totally understands that it's a game. It's hilarious. He crawls super fast at him, then when Gabe runs past him (both of them screaming like little girls) he turns around and pursues him in the other direction.

34. Bryan was reading Gabe books tonight. Our normal bedtime routine. We read a childrens' Bible to him every night. Tonight they read about the angel appearing to the shepard's to tell them that Christ was born. Gabe started asking questions about the angel and why the shepard's were so happy. Bryan explained that Jesus was the Savior and that he came to save us so that we could live with him in Heaven and not in Hell. Then he asked "What's Hell?" Bryan tried to explain in 4 yr old terms the difference between Heaven and Hell. Gabe said "I don't want to live there" Bryan told him that the only way to live with Jesus in Heaven and with mommy and daddy was to ask Jesus into your heart, love Him and have a relationship with him. He responded saying "well I love Jesus right now" Bryan asked him if he wanted to ask Jesus into his heart and he said yes. When he realized he was going to have to pray he got embarrassed and didn't want to pray. We told him that it was ok and that when he was ready we would help him pray. This was kind of the first conversation where he showed more interest after asking questions and seemed to understand better.

No comments: