Monday, May 02, 2011

Mommy/Gabey date

This was kind of a last minute decision on our part. My Uncle talked to us about going up to Seattle to the Science Center to see the Star Wars expedition. We went back and forth on this. We all wanted to go, but with where our budget has been and the gas prices we were leaning towards the not going option.
Bryan had been on a men's retreat over the weekend and had taken a long weekend. We decided that Bryan would stay home with Jayce and that Gabe and I would go, riding with everyone in the van. Make it a mommy/Gabey day date! It was a MUCH NEEDED day just the two of us. Gabe got mommy all to himself. I LOVED every minute of it!

I love this picture of Gabe...the faces he's been making lately in pictures crack me up.

This was SO much fun. I really wish that Bryan could have come. I know that he would have loved it. Gabe gets to play Lego Star Wars a little bit on weekends and so seeing all this stuff was exciting.

The Science Center was fun. The Dinosaur's were cool of course, especially after having a great Dino B-day party.
Gabe and Jaden were too cute playing in the space shuttle. When it started counting down Julie yelled, "You better sit down and hold on!" They totally thought it was going to take off.

BUGS EW EW EW I am SO NOT a bug fan. We went into the butterfly house which was a cool experience, but it was about 80 degrees in there and the beautiful butterflies flew WAY to close to me. Almost landed on me a few times and I just couldn't handle it. Julie is the same way. I'm sure it was hilarious to the other people in there watching both of us freak out.

These kids LOVE their Uncle Minny!

So many memories in Seattle. One thing that going there does is make me miss my Grandma SO much. :( Going to the fountain HUGE memory and watching Gabe go down there. He of course went straight down and into the water getting his socks, shoes and the bottom of his pants soaked.
I love the picture of Gabe and Miss A at the totem pole and the REALLY close up pic of my mom and I (apparently I forgot to zoom out).
I love that Gabe fell asleep going to dinner, a fifteen minute ride.

We finished the fun day at Rainforest Cafe for dinner and a ride home with two VERY hyper boys.
Gabe got to spend some of his birthday money. He got a cool lego Darth Maul watch (kinda random, but he loves it and we get to tell/show him what time it is) and a little case of bugs from Rainforest.
What a wonderful day with my Gabey Gabes!
Thanks Uncle Minny and Grandma for making it happen!!!

No comments: