Monday, March 08, 2010

Potty Training update

We had a pretty good week, but he has lost interest and doesn't want to do it anymore. I think we're going to take a break and re-visit it again soon.
Something that my friend Kate said to me in person and in her blog really encouraged me. I tend to get angry when he doesn't tell me he has to go. I don't believe that this experience should be discouraging to Gabe in any way. I want it to be a positive and encouraging experience for all of us. I don't know some might not agree with me and feel like I should push him, but the frustration and anger isn't worth it to me.
SOOOO...to be continued...

2 comments:

kate said...

you are going to do great. and he'll train when he's ready, and you'll be ready too.

The Foglios said...

I think you are completely right. Tyler wanted nothing to do with potty training and he was almost 4, finally I gave up and just decided he would do it when he was ready, and when I backed off he suddenly was interested. It's all in making them think it's their idea...=)