Monday, May 31, 2010

Inspiration

This birth story is AMAZING! I bawled my eyes out reading it. I have been following her blog ever since. This women is such an inspiration and I love reading her journey with having a downs baby who is absolutely gorgeous.
In her latest post she said something that really stuck out to me.
Nella had her four month appointment yesterday.

And, amid most of the time where I honestly forget she's different, I am reminded every once and awhile. Like getting ready to go to the doctor and feeling a little flutter inside. Like what if they tell me something. Like what if they rock my world again. Like what if one of those "increased likelihoods" that happen to attach themselves to that sweet little chromosome comes true.

But, here's the thing. Once you become a parent...once you start feeling a little funny and you buy that pregnancy test...once you see a pink plus sign...once you know it's not just you anymore...well, you automatically carry around, for the rest of your life, an increased likelihood. To have your heart broken. And it's a constant fear that we struggle to put to rest.

And we can choose to be afraid or we can choose to live.

And I choose to live.
I would like to say that not being afraid comes easy to me, but it doesn't. It is a daily struggle that I have to give over to God. To choose to live and not be afraid of what life will bring.

Isaiah 12:2

Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation."

We do things around being afraid of what is going to happen.
When we trust more it doesn't become easier, but more of an adventure with God fearlessly.
We should be able to truly relax when we know WHO is in control.

Psalm 46:10

Be still, and know that I am God

No comments: