Sunday, May 09, 2010

Motherhood

Being a mother is hard work. Each day it seems like I am facing a new challenge whether it's getting him to eat something other than treats or chasing him through the store. Every day I am tested in a new way. But, here is where I get sappy- honestly, I know that my little guy is just trying to get me to be a good mom. He wants my attention, my direction, my example and my love and so each day he gives me the opportunity to teach him those things. In return I get to learn patients, strength, charity and love. I get to be loved wholly by this pure tiny little boy who is bursting with our Heavenly Fathers love. Nothing is better than that-the love between a mother and her baby-nothing sweeter. So, even though its hard at times, I feel so so blessed to be a mother to my Gabey-he is such a light in my life and my best friend. I can't wait until this new baby gets here and my love gets to grow yet again-expanding through my life. I love being a mom more than anything and am grateful for the things that it teaches me-the gifts it give me.

When you become a mother yourself, you finally fully realize how much your own mom did and does for you. You know why she would scold you for crawling on the sidewalk in your new red church shoes scuffing the toes off, you know why she wouldn't let you keep every puppy from the litter, you know why she wanted you to eat your dinner, you know why she would shop for herself at Ross to be able to buy you DocMartins and Roxy T-shirts, you know why she made you do your homework, you know why she wanted your help around the house and to keep your room clean, you know why she would stay up late until you got home but most of all, you know why she loves you more than she loves herself. My mom has always given everything to her kids. She has taught me so much in knowledge and through her example and love. I just hope that I can be as good of a mom to my children as she is to me. Thank you for all that you have done, do, and all that you are! Happy Mothers Day Mom!

No comments: