Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Alderbrook Park

I'm a little behind...

Sunday, August 27, 2006
We got up and got ready. We went to first service only and then headed to Alderbrook Park where my Company picnic was taking place. We got there around 12:30 and set out our blanket. It wasn't what I expected AT ALL. I thought it was going to look much nicer then it did. Kind of hard to explain but IMO it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. When we walked in I got a raffle ticket and a drink stamp. I never ended up having anything to drink but I got it just in case and they served lunch. The food was pretty good. The Teriyaki chicken was the best. We sat with Jim and his wife and Michelle and her family. Brian (the big man) started the raffle and of course I didn't win anything. I never do. I like how they just gave a raffle ticket to the employee though. One year at my dad's company picnic one of his co-workers brought his whole family and there were a lot and they won almost everything they raffled off. I didn't think that was really fair but oh well. After that we all moved to the big field for games. Bryan played the egg toss with Randy and we hung out with Bobbie and the girls. At one point Bobbie had gone to get a glass of water and left the girls with me. Delaney and Kiley were playing the water balloon toss and I had Maci in my lap. She was so sweet. Kiley got out and came over and told us and then said that she wanted to play again. She ran out to where they were playing and then came back in tears. She was so upset that she dropped the balloon and got out of the game. It was so sad. Bryan and I tried to tell her that she did a good job but it didn’t work. :o( She sat on my lap until Bobbie came back and her and Randy talked with her. By then it was around 4 and we needed to head out. Bryan had more homework to get done. Overall I’m glad that we went to the picnic.



No comments: