Friday, August 25, 2006

Date Night

I worked until 5 tonight and Bryan came to pick me up.  
I had called him a few hours earlier and asked him what he wanted to do for date night and he said that he didn't know. I had already been thinking about it. This is the last week of the Street of Dreams and I really wanted to go but we didn't end up going this year. Instead I asked him if he wanted to go have dinner at Chili's and walk around the mall and he said yeah that sounds like a good idea. On our drive over there he was pretty quiet and while we were eating dinner I asked him if he was feeling better and he said, "a little now that I'm with you." ahh We got bottomless chips and salsa for a starter and I got Lettuce wraps for dinner and he got these boneless chicken things that normally you get as a starter but for a couple dollars more he got them with fries and corn on the cob. We both shared bites with each other which we normally never do, but he liked my Lettuce wraps and his chiken and corn were excellant! After dinner we went to Barnes and Noble and Bryan looked for drawing books while I looked for books that looked interesting and wrote them down so that I could request them at the Library. hehe Bryan got a book called Dynamic Figure Drawing. Then we found him a shirt at Anchor Blue...it will go well with the Hurley shirt that I got him. After that we went to Meier & Frank aka Macy's and looked around there. I looked in a couple departments that I always liked but it seems like their prices have gone up. Everything I liked was $60-$100. We went downstairs and looked for some Echo jeans for Bryan. He really likes the way they fit him. They're kind of expensive but when you find the right jeans you go for them right?! I love jeans! We both had to go to the bathroom really bad so we went over to the kids area where they're located and as I waited for Bryan I looked at baby stuff. I found the cutest outfit that I wanted to get for Julie but it was a lot of $$ so I opted to wait and see if it goes on sale. We went up stairs to look at the shoes (I want all of them! ;o)) and we looked at some watches and Nate and Teresa came up behind us. We chatted with them for a while. T was there looking for a necklace. Kambrie was aborable of course with her blue and pink balloons. She looked wiped though and ready for nite-nite. Funny thing was that earlier I thought to myself I wonder if we'll see Nate and T at the mall and sure enough. HAHA After we left them we went to The Body Shop. I wanted to see if they had any new Home fragrance oils and we saw Bobbie there. She was picking up some shampoo/body wash there for Randy. She was shopping with Deb's who was at Nordstrom's. Everyone was at the Mall tonight. I got 4 oils, Pumpkin Nectarine (which I've had before), Coconut, Baked Cookies and Golden Apple. The Golden Apple one I was surprised with. It smells SO good. I don't normally like apple scents (some of you know why)! We looked around in some other shops but didn't find anything. I am so bummed that I didn't really find anything for me. I have come to the conclusion that I don't find clothes when I'm with Bryan...I have to be shopping on my own or with my mom, sisters or Friends. Weird. We left the mall close to closing time and were driving up Sunnyside where we saw a pretty bad accident. It was the strangest accident I've ever seen. We came up to the stop light at 122nd and we were behind a Ford Explorer who stopped at the light but then proceeded to go through the red light even though it hadn't changed to green yet and got side swiped by a big working van that was going through a green light pretty fast I might say. They both were able to pull over to the side and I really think we should have stayed...the van next to us pulled over and stayed. Is it against the law to leave when you witness an accident like that? Are you supposed to stay? Anyway, we didn't stay and I just don't understand what was going through the gal's head driving that Explorer? What made her go through? It was the strangest thing. I hope no one was hurt but I wonder if she had been drinking or I don't know?!

1 comment:

TcH said...

I see the waters have quieted again : )