Sunday, August 13, 2006

Weekend Recap

I just LOVE Fridays because it's the beginning of weekend, which means...I DON'T HAVE TO GO TO WORK! YEA!!! Friday morning went fast but it slowed WAY down when it hit around 1pm. At one point I looked at the clock and it said 2:21pm and at what I thought was a long while later I looked again and it was 2:26pm. Only 5 freaking minutes had gone by...WHAT THE HONK?!
Bryan picked me up at 4:30 and I thought that we were going to go get the 2x4's and screws from this place that Dan ordered it from with his cost but when I got into the car Bryan said that the plan had changed. Apparently When Dan called to confirm that everything was ready for us to pick it up they had forgotten. Dan said screw it and I guess while he was at Home Depot he looked to see if the prices were compareable and it was actually like $7 cheaper so he bought everything. SO needless to say we drove over to Dan's and picked it all up, drove home and guess what?? Bryan gave Dan the wrong measurements. He told Dan we needed 2x4's but what we really needed were 2x6's. So we didn't work on the deck at all this weekend. UGH!

We went to dinner at Red Robin...stopped by Cold Stone and got some Ice Cream to go and came home. We watched a movie and my eye's were killing me so I headed to bed and Bryan played video games for a while.

Saturday morning I cleaned a little bit and straightened my hair. That always takes me forever. Bryan talked to Dan and about exchanging the wood so we both got ready and headed over to Dan's with the 2x4's, got his receipt and went to exchange them. We picked up a few other things and then went to get our car at my parents (my dad does our oil changes for us so all we have to pay for is the oil which is nice) and headed home.

I had asked T earlier in the week if she needed some help with setting up for Nate's Surprise B-day party and she said yes! Bryan and I had got home at about 12:20 and I needed to be at T's at 1. So I pretty much left right away. When I got there I got the Baked Beans cooking in the crock pot and got the hamburger fixins ready. T's mom and step dad got there a little after me and got tables and chairs set up. The party was fun and Nate was very surprised!
Bryan and I left around 6:30ish and headed home. I did some laundry and got a lot of of camping stuff ready. We're going to Family camp this next weekend. WAHOO! We leave Thursday and come back on Monday. I'm excited to get away, relax and spend time with my family and friends. I watched some TV and then went to bed. Bryan played video games with Dan, Randy S, Randy T and Terry! Since Terry moved this is a fun way for all of them to talk to him and just have fun!

Bryan and I were dreading going to church this morning(ok not really the going to church part but the getting out of bed part), but I am so glad that we went. Both SS and the service were really good! I learned a lot today!
During the service I sat with Marcia and Bryan sat up a few rows with the JR Highers. It was pretty bare in there today. People must be away and the Katrina people were gone (came back today though). Julie walked in a little late and couldn't find me (she didn't know that I had straightened my hair HA), but when she did she was walking towards us and she is looking more and more pregnant! I'm starting to get really excited to be an Aunt. She finds out tomorrow what she's having! eeeeee Poor thing has been SO sick! I don't think that this has been easy on her what-so-ever! :o(
After church was mingled and chatted with people for a while and then went to lunch at Original Taco House. Bryan and my dad went home and my mom, sisters and I went to a few places to get some things for camping next weekend.
I met Bryan at the church at 4 because we had a meeting with the Pastor and then we came home. We're going to go on a walk soon so I better sign off!

No comments: