Friday, August 25, 2006

Tears

Bryan went through a breakdown a few months ago. He’s been on Lexapro (sp?) and he’s been seeing a counselor every week. Things have seemed to be getting much better and I’ve been trying hard to make sure that I’m not being the nagging wife that I CAN be. :o( BUT I was sleeping yesterday morning and he had gotten ready for work but then crawled back in bed and snuggled against me and cried. He did it again this morning also. He doesn’t know what’s wrong…I don’t know what’s wrong? I asked him if I’m doing anything because I don’t want to hear later that it was my fault. This is so hard to deal with /understand because it hits so fast and all of the sudden he doesn’t want to do ANYTHING! I feel helpless because I don’t know what to do or how to help? Work is covered because he’s talked to HR and the Doc signed papers so that he could get through this without the fear of getting fired but I still fear that.
I don’t know what to do?!?! :o(

2 comments:

Counselor Nathan said...

his work in counseling is probably freeing up a lot of unprocessed emotion... this will happen off and on but there will be an end to it. It's like if your water tank is overflowing and rather than just letting it overflow you open the valve where it is SUPPOSE to flow out of. That water has to pass through the filter and then out the old rusty valve that hasn't been used in a long time...but there is only so much water in the tank. So it will end.

Jenny said...

Thanks Nate! That actually helps a lot and I appreciate your wisdom.