Thursday, July 12, 2007

Can't Sleep

Do you ever have nights when your brain just won't shut off and let you go to sleep? I am having one of those nights.

The last two days it has been in the 100's, SO HOT! We don't have the luxury of having AC in our house and I'm off work right now so I'm not in a nice AC building (definitely not complaining about that though). Our house has been 83 84 and 85 and I've been living in a pool of sweat. EW Our basement stays pretty cool, but have I spent any time down there...nope?!

First off let me start off by saying that Bryan still hasn't found a job. Severance has run out and it's starting to get frustrating. I find myself looking back at my Storm post. I wrote "I have this peace and it can only come from God." I feel that peace slowly slipping away. God is still in control. He gives and He takes away. He is who He is no matter where I am. I just need to continue to lay this at His feet. I love this quote:

"If there ever were a test of our faith - if there ever were a test of the motives of our worship - it is when a storm rolls into our lives. Sometimes God calms our storms. Sometimes He chooses to ride them with us." quote by Casting Crowns

Bryan had a meeting with Randy to basically tell him that he was done with the JR High ministry. We had been praying about it and talking it through and when he came home after the meeting he told me that he wasn't done and that he now had an office at the church that he was going to go T-Th to work on lessons, look for jobs, things needing to get done etc. I think he has managed to get a lot done so far besides design work because he needs a MAC for that or rather he'd prefer a MAC.
Anyway, he went to his air conditioned office yesterday and left me and Gabe to roast in our house. ;o) We actually went over to my parents house and hung out with Julie and cousin Jaden. Julie bought a $10 pool and we were going to put the boys in. Gabe didn't end up going in because he was napping in Jaden's crib. Jaden had a blast though.




Today Gabe and I stayed home and we ate, played, slept, did laundry, cleaned and went to have dinner with Kate, Eloise and Lily.

FUN TIMES!

It says it's supposed to be 89 today so a tad cooler.
Most go to bed now!

2 comments:

kate said...

you really couldn't sleep. 1 a.m.

so sorry about your position with bryan not having a job. I remember our time with dave and although SOOOO hard, it was a time in my life where i grew the most and it's changed my life forever.

the Lord will provide.

Jenny said...

Thanks Kate. I do think that I am growing a lot through this and mostly in my relationship with God.