Sunday, August 19, 2007

Family Beach Day





I'm going back to work soon and although this summer has been great getting to stay home with my little man, I did want to get some fun day's in before the summer is over and I'm back in my routine at work.
We haven't gone camping at all this summer and Family Camp was this weekend and now that it's here I was thinking to myself that maybe we should have gone and that it probably wouldn't have been too bad in a tent with a 4 month old. I have to say though I changed my mind and am glad we didn't go...Bryan came home early Saturday because it was raining...I can't imagine being crammed in a tent with Calie and Gabe waiting for the rain to stop. eeks I'm not much of a risk taker...I think that's part of the boring side of me. Maybe we'll go Labor Day weekend????
ANYWAY, Friday, Fun Day #1...
We left early Friday morning and headed to Lincoln City. I LOVE this beach...I think because as a kid, we went to this beach a lot. I went camping with my Grandparents and on vacations with my family too. When we got there we got settled on our blanket on the beach and I fed Gabe. It was really windy and Gabe HATED that. I had his hood up and and pretty much had a blanket around his head the whole time. For the most part though he did fine. We relaxed and talked on the beach for about an hour or two and then we packed up and drove to the outlet stores. As the day went on Bryan got redder and redder, pretty much turned into a lobster. OH and BTW the weather said that it was supposed to be 56 and cloudy and it was probably 70 with blue skies! Why are the weathermen always wrong? I'm glad they were wrong though...it was such a nice day! I think maybe we need to invest in some sunscreen for Bryan too. DUH right?! I of course don't look like I got any sun. After we shopped for a while we went to McMenamins Lighthouse Brewpub. We were going to go to Mo's, because Bryan has never been there before in which I say "you've never been to Mo's before?" every time we go to the beach and yet we never go. HA After dinner we went back to the beach as the sun was setting and sat and talked and played with Gabe. It was such a nice fun family day at the beach. I so LOVE the beach...I would love someday to have a beach house that we could go to all the time. I feel so peaceful there and just take in the greatness of God's creation. I think Gabe liked his first trip to the beach too, he was exhausted and slept the whole way home and all through the night.






2 comments:

Julie said...

IT'S ABOUT DANG TIME WOMAN!!!!!!! I've been waiting for like 24 hours!!!!! All the pictures are so freakin' cute!!!! I want all of them!!! All of them in 4x6's, but I'll have the family one of all of you looking at the camera in a 5x7. Thank you!!!!

Jenny said...

Yes Sir, anything you say, Sir! Heehee