Saturday, August 11, 2007

Just a recap

Thursday night was date night. When Bryan got home from the church office we fed Gabe and packed up to go to dinner. I have been really craving McMenamins lately so we went out to Edgefield and had dinner. It's so beautiful there. We walked through the little garden area and had a wonderful dinner. After dinner we went to Safeway to get a few things and then went home.

Bryan's office at the church is really nice. He's got it set up and organized and he works on Jr high lessons, games, meets with Randy, looks for jobs, does homework etc. Last Friday was our first trip to the new Ikea and he got a few things to put in the office. I LOVE that place BTW! Can't wait to go back!

Yesterday was CRAZY! We got up and got ready fed Gabe and then left for my work to show off Gabe and talk about work. It's SO weird going back there. I haven't been there since March and there are new people, changes in seating arrangements. It was just weird. Everyone loved Gabe. Thought he was the most handsome little guy. Said he looks just like his daddy of course. It was fun to see everyone and even though I am not looking forward to leaving Gabe to work I'm glad that I popped in and didn't just start back at work cold turkey. I need to ease my way back in.

After we left my work we met some people at Rob's (guy from our Young Marrieds class at church) sisters apartment to help her move. She was moving from a small apartment to an even smaller one and she has a butt load of stuff. The old apartment at least had a garage that she could store stuff in. That took forever. It was fun meeting new people though and Lori (Rob's sister) was very grateful I think. I had a much needed haircut and color at 2:30 that I was 10 minutes late too. Bryan wanted to make a 2nd trip while Gabe and I stayed at the new apartment and helped put things away. I started panicking at 1:45 though and he wasn't back. We were all the way out in Lake Oswego too and had to drive to Clackamas where my salon is. Luckily I was able to call Marcella and tell her that I was running a little late and there wasn't too much traffic thank God! Bryan took Gabe home after dropping me off and I just relaxed and had a great time catching up with Marcella while she did my hair. I just love her!
Bryan and I didn't do much the rest of the evening...we got pizza for dinner and then Gabe, Calie and I went on a walk while Bryan took a nap.

Gabe has been sleeping so well lately! (9 hours the last two nights) and this morning he was just talking and sucking on his hand for a while so I went and got him and we all snuggled in bed until he screamed basically telling us he was hungry. Gabe is so funny lately too...he's talking and cooing more and he's started giggling. He is such a joy and I love him so much...I feel so blessed that God chose me to be his mom!

Looking forward to enjoying the rest of the weekend!

No comments: