Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!

It's raining! BLAH

Truth be told though, it's been pretty fun just hanging out inside this weekend watching movies, cleaning, playing with our little man and doing homework. We had plans to go to the zoo yesterday, but it rained off and on. We want to go on a nice day when all the animals are out and about.

For my birthday Bryan and Teresa both gave me this awesome cook book by Jessica Seinfeld. Deceptively Delicious

Exactly what I was wanting! I love this book! Especially lately, because I cannot get Gabe to eat his veggies. He spits them out or "secretly" puts them behind his back.

What's for dinner (Friday night):


Spaghetti Pie (with Broccoli and carrots)

Nonstick cooking spray
3 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti or angel hair pasta
1/2 pound lean ground turkey
1/2 cup broccoli puree
1 large egg white
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
2 cloves garlic
2 cups bottled tomato sauce
1 cup lowfat (1%) cottage cheese
1/4 cup carrot puree
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup shredded mozzarella

Preheat oven to 350 coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.

Bring a large pot of salted water to boil, ass the pasta, and cook until al dente. Drain in a colander.

In a small bowl, mix the ground turkey with the broccoli puree, egg white, Parmesan and garlic. Form the mixture into 1/2 balls.

In a large bowl, stir in the cooked pasta, tomato sauce, cottage cheese, carrot puree and salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture into the pie plate and smooth the top. Scatter meatballs on top and sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake, uncovered, until the center is firm and the cheese is bubbly, 25 to 30 min.

Bryan and Gabe both loved it! So it was yummy and Gabe got his veggies unaware!

Saturday morning Gabe got up around 7 and Bryan got up with him so that I could sleep a little longer. What a guy! They did breakfast and I woke up to Gabe jabbering away at Bryan as they played in the living room. I got up and went down to be with them.
When Gabe went down for a nap I went down to the garage and I started going through everything. I got rid of a ton of empty boxes that were taking up way too much room. I organized a ton and took over a few things that my mom and sister let me borrow when Gabe was little. The swing, bouncer, bedside bed that Gabe slept in, in our room. We don't have an attic in this house, well I take that back, we do but nothing we can store stuff in. It's a tiny crawl space area basically. I did a ton of laundry and then I cleaned the basement up and the bathroom etc. It was a VERY productive day for me. Bryan did homework most of the day, he helped me move a few big items and mowed the lawn. When Bryan mowed the lawn I blew bubbles outside for Gabe. He loved it! He laughed when Calie jumped and jumped trying to eat all the bubbles. He had a blast outside just walking all over the deck and watching dad mow the lawn. He was actually mad when I took him inside because it looked like it was going to rain. I was right too. We had thunderstorms Saturday evening. The sky was beautiful!


Sunday we skipped church. Bryan rarely gets the chance to do that so since he is on sabbatical right now and is down to crunch time with school we skipped. Bryan got up with Gabe again. I slept in until 9 and then we switched. I hung out with Gabe and Bryan went back to bed for a couple hours. It's been such a relaxing weekend and I think we're going to be glad because our schedules about to be super crazy!
For lunch we met my mom, Nathan, Julie, Jaden, Jacob and Janell at the downtown Spaghetti Factory. Dad was in WA with my Grandma and Grandpa helping pack up more of my uncles things. We walked around outside for a while and the boy's had a blast running. I wanted to go to the mall after lunch but Gabe had a poopoo and we needed to take him home and clean it up. He has a massive diaper rash and the wipes hurt him so bad that we've been having to use warm wash cloths. My poor baby!
We ended up coming home and I got Gabe all cleaned up and settled with a pile of Desitin all over his privates and he went down for another nap and I vegged in front of the TV for a little bit while Bryan continued to do school work. Sunday evening we had a BBQ at my moms. Just Gabe and I went. Nathan barbecued chicken and we had cole slaw, watermelon and chips. Then we made a fire in their fire pit and did smore's. It was a lot of fun!


Today we have a few errands that we need to do. We need to go to BRU and get a carseat for Teresa. I also need to pick up a few other odds and ends. We need to go grocery shopping and then when I get home I need to send Teresa an email about Gabe's schedule. I need to make some meals for the week and get everything ready for the 4 day work week.

Bryan starts at Nike tomorrow and Patrick will also be here starting on the roof process. They decided not to do it this weekend.

Happy Memorial Day all!

3 comments:

TcH said...

Bryan and I BOTH got you that cookbook? So what did you get with the one you returned??? :- )

Love your new blog!! That picture of Gabe is just precious.

Jenny said...

YOU'RE BACK!!!! YEA!

I took Bryan's back...I liked the look of yours better. And yes, they were different. Weird huh?!

I think that I just used the money towards a big purchase that we made at Target that day I took it back?

Thanks! You took that pic!

TcH said...

I took that pic??? Is that when I was practicing with your camera???
AWWW I feel SO proud.
I did good
hee hee

J/K

I had a good subject to take a pic of. He's so dang cute.