Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Life Changes

Just when I thought life would become a little less hectic, Bryan goes and gets a 2nd job. :) Bryan's friend from Nike emailed him and told him about a job opening up on his team. His manager specifically asked for Bryan's info. It ended up being a 3 month temp position and Bryan let them know that he was in 52 Ltd's (creative temp agency) database. He let them know that he was interested in position.
Bryan and I had a big talk about it last Thursday and we thought that Bryan would have to put in his 2 weeks at Multnomah, but when he talked to his boss he said that they really don’t want to lose Bryan. They are willing to scale back Bryan’s hours there since he is part time anyway and work around Nike’s hours to make it work. Then if the Nike position doesn’t turn into a full time gig after the 3 months he will have his job at Multnomah still and can have his 25 hours back. What a blessing and how nice of them to do that. Course I thought I never saw Bryan before. Check out this schedule starting May 27th.

MONDAY June 2nd, June 9th
Drop off Gabe
Nike 8-5
Multnomah 6-9

TUESDAY May 27th, June 3rd, June 10th
Nike
Class 12:45-4:30
Class 6:00-9:45

WEDNESDAY May 28th, June 4th, June 11th
Drop Gabe off
Nike 8-5
Multnomah 6-9

THURSDAY May 29th, June 5th
Drop Gabe off
Nike 8-5
Class 6-8:45 ??June 12th??

FRIDAY May 30th, June 6th,(June 13th OFF Graduation Day)
Drop Gabe off
Nike
Homework

SATURDAY May 31st, June 7th
Multnomah 7-4
Homework

SUNDAYS – Church and Homework

This schedule is subject to change June 13th. Only 31 day’s, 751 hours and 45114 minutes until Bryan GRADUATES, but who’s counting!? ;)

When I found out about the position and that Bryan was interested in it. My mind started whirling. What were we going to do about daycare for Gabe on Wednesday’s and Thursday’s? I thought about downstairs in my building at the Y. I wasn’t sure if they had room though? I decided to throw it out to Teresa and see what she thought. I told her that I would not be offended at all if she was like NO WAY! We set up a meeting to go over things and talk everything through. In no way would we want this to ruin our friendship. We met at Starbuck’s at Gresham Station and had a really nice talk. T said that she thought it through and even talked to Kambrie about it and they both decided that it would be fun to have Gabe 2 day’s a week. I can’t even tell you what a relief it is to know that he'll be with them and that this all worked out. Teresa, you are amazing! Words can't express my gratitude for what you are doing for us. When we looked at the calendar too there was only 1 day that there could possibly be a conflict and Teresa was able to move the appointment to another day.
I have to say I am a little jealous that mom, Janell, Teresa and Kambrie get to have tons of fun with my Gabey and during the fun summer days too. ;)

2 comments:

TcH said...

We are happy (and excited!!) to do it. We were talking about Gabe today and Kambrie said "I miss Gabe" I said well we get to see him Saturday" and she said "well I miss him now" It was SO CUTE. I'm so excited that we are going to have a little bond with him, and that K and him will be buddies.

I know it's hard to have your little guy with someone else, when you would love to be with him. But just remember it's only for a season. Keep working toward your goal. DREAMS CAN AND DO come true. We will keep praying for it to happen for your family.

In the meantime we will do what we can to love him the best we can when he is away from his mommy and daddy. I know it's not the same, but we love him LOTS AND LOTS.

We love you too, BTW. :-)

Kara said...

I am sure that it will be tough at first, but you guys will make it through. Just enjoy the moments you spend together :) With Michael working 2 jobs as well sometimes we rarely get to see him so I know how that works. I know it is hard to leave your little one, but you are lucky to have such a great friend to watch him and someone you know and trust. Hopefully that makes it a little easier on you.