Saturday, September 20, 2008

My Dad

(The stupid internet is finally working)




Last Sunday the 14th was my dad's birthday. 60! My mom put together an awesome party for him. My uncle even came into town for it.
This is a man who has spent his life for others; the church, his wife, his children, his grandchildren, even his employees. He is wise, SO capable (it seems there's nothing he can't figure out), and funny (at least he thinks so ;)) , and brings laughter to every family gathering. He is not consumed with pride, or material things, but works harder than anyone I know for the people he loves. He loves sports, he has taught me to take care of my cars. He taught me that to survive life and make right choices, you need self-reliance, obedience, a great work ethic, and humor. I have always known that he would do anything for me and my family and thanks to this, I was able to grow up in a world full of chaos and insecurity feeling nothing but safe.

Happy Birthday Dad. I love you!

No comments: