Friday, September 05, 2008

Shooting Threat

Our building got a shooting threat today. We received this email at 3:53pm:

Everyone,

I just learned from Ashforth that ODS received a threat saying that someone was going to come into the building and shoot people.
Security has been increased, the police have been notified, but the building has not been put on lockdown.


OK...all of my insides started to panic, but I was trying to hold it together on the outside. I finished up what I was doing and management told us to pack up and leave just in case. I was glad to get the heck out of there. I have to admit I was scared out of my mind. Sorry, but with all the shootings that have gone on over the years...there are wacky people in this world.

I checked my work email from home tonight and they had an update.

The police have been here, but we don't know if they are still here. The recommendation to not lockdown the building came from them.
A request has been submitted to activate our door locks so that a key card will be required for entry.
To reiterate, the threat was made to ODS offices in this building, but not any floor in particular. The fact that the building is named after the company means all floors should be on alert.
Anyone who wishes to leave is of course free to do so.

This is FREAKY!!!

No comments: