Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Camping at White River


So cute!


I just love his smile!

Eating snacks with Miss Mia.

Bryan reading books to the gang.

Walking to the River.

I just love this picture of Kambrie. She's such a cutie!


Gabe loves corn.



Kambrie and Darby helping Gabe up.


Warm, Clean and glad to be home!

This last weekend we got the hoo-ra OUT of town and went to our annual camping trip to White River.

The week had been pretty brutal so by Thursday I was exhausted. I picked up Gabe at Teresa's (her last day :o() and went home. We had dinner and I got a few things together for camping but for the most part I just hung out with Gabe and did nothing. BAD MOVE. We didn't get packed and out of town until around 1ish on Friday. Boy am I glad that I took Friday off.

We got there around 4 I think (Gabe slept the entire way) and set up camp. We were lucky enough to borrow the Sedey's tent trailer again, which I am so grateful. It was pretty nice out when we got there. Not too hot but not too cold. The sun was shinning. It was a tad windy though.

It got really cold at night and didn't really warm up much for the rest of the weekend.

We all kept really busy. I felt like I didn't really get the chance to sit and talk that much. Gabe was always moving. I think that he had a blast. He slept well the entire time. He missed a couple naps though which he was not happy about. He even went to bed at 7 Sunday night because he was just DONE!

Marcia and Travis brought a ton of toy's and he had fun playing with all the girls. He was the only boy.
Gabe is just learning how to take his shovel and pick up sand/dirt with it. He kind of flings it, not on purpose though. He's still learning. Well at one point all the kids were playing over by the horseshoes’ and Gabe flung the little shovel and hit Kambrie in the mouth. Gave her a fat lip. :o( She was so upset rightfully so. Since Gabe doesn't really understand yet that he did anything or to say that he's sorry. I waited a little bit and took him over and said to Kambrie that Gabe was really sorry and to please forgive him. He put his hand on her shoulder. It was cute. OH and her bottom lip was out. It was SO sad, but cute at the same time. I love it when the bottom lip comes out.

Saturday while Gabe napped Bryan and I read in the trailer and napped too. It was nice and relaxing. I'm reading a really good book right now too.

Saturday was an "off" day for me. I felt like I could cry at the drop of a hat. Going though some really tough times with my family right now and I just couldn't put it out of my mind. Woke up Sunday feeling much better.

My Favorites:

Gabe was so funny. He fell about 10 dozen times (of course) and he wouldn't put his hands down to catch himself. He did not want his hands to get dirty at all. Then he would wait there until someone would come and help him up.

Alexis falls asleep on my lap almost every year and she did both Saturday night and Sunday night. I just love that little girl!

* * *

Glad to be home now. Gabe and I slept on the way home and we got there around 1ish.
Nathan and Julie had come over to make dinner (moms oven isn't working) and she left me a note saying that I left the one of burners on. (((shocked))) I have never done that before. I had done a once over around the house too. Don't know how I missed that. It had been on the rest of Friday, Friday night and all day Saturday. EEEEEEKS. Thank God Nathan and Julie came over and THANK GOD our house didn't burn down.

CHECKLIST

Unpacked
Gabe long warm bath
15 loads of laundry
Cleaned out coolers and put them away for the winter
Cleaned camping chairs and put them away for the winter
Cleaned up the tent trailer
Rtned it to the Sedey's
Cleaned the kitchen
Made dinner
Bath for Calie
Shower for Bryan
Truck washed
Lawn mowed
Put away clothes
Diaper bag packed
Lunches made
Shower for me
Rock Gabe to sleep
Thank God for my little sweet sleeping baby
Bed

1 comment:

TcH said...

I have to say I really HATE unpacking for camping. ugh!!! Your list made me get hives reliving it all over again.

Crap! That is so scary about your oven burner. Thank GOD nothing happened!!!!!

You got some good pictures of the kids! I have a good one of Kambrie crying with her lip out. hee hee.

Im sorry your going through a hard time with your family. I didn't even notice you were down on Saturday. Im sorry. I was having a hard time of my own all weekend. I felt OFF all weekend long.

Would love to hear how your week is going, and how Gabe and Jenny are doing.

Love you!
T