Monday, August 04, 2008

TGFW (Thank God for Weekend's)

So to add on to all of the other changes happening in our lives there lots happening at work.
We found out that our Project Manager is leaving. She took a job for Safeway corporate so now she'll be our client. I am sad. I really like her and just like the dynamic of our little team. So then that same day we hear that were no longer going to be on the Retail team and that we'll be joining the Target team. Course if we join them it's not going to be named the Target team because it's the Target team AND the Safeway team. So names are up in the air.
Plus one of the Admins on the Retail team has left as well. Friday was her last day and so I am taking over the Nike stuff plus this HUGE spreadsheet that she had put together for Trolley Square. I am going to be busy! I'm actually excited about taking this stuff on and being super busy. It will make the days go very fast! What I'm not excited about is that when they hire a new admin they will be taking that stuff away from me.

For someone who does not like change, I sure am going through a lot right now.

We have been going and going and going and going since last weekend. I could seriously sleep for like 2 whole days if I could. I am wiped.
Last weekend was full of fun and friends. James, Amber and Cameron came over for dinner Friday night. I had prepared the dinner Thursday night and put it in the fridge so that I could just put it in the oven when we got home Friday night. That was so easy and I'm glad I did that. Dinner turned out great and we had such a good time catching up with James and Amber. Cameron was shy at first but totally warmed up to us after 30 minutes.
Saturday Bryan went to work at Multnomah and I got a ton done around the house and hung out with Gabe. I had a very productive day which is always good. I had Teresa, Moo, Betty and Kimberly over that evening and Bryan had Gabe. We had a really good time. It was nice out so we ate outside on our deck. We had yummy food. Betty's cornbread souffle, my LHS (little ham sandwiches), chips and Moo's guacamole and for dessert Teresa made a to die for peanut butter pie. We had some wine and talked. We laughed and cried. It was a great time. Bryan ended up getting to go see The Dark Night with my dad and Nathan while my mom and sister watched Gabe. They had a fun time with the boys. They did finger painting which I am sure you know that the paint wasn't just on their fingers. HA I have a great picture that Gabe made me that I want to hang up in his rooom.

Sunday after church while Gabe was napping I met Teresa and Moo at the MAC counter for make overs. The weekend went WAY TOO fast but it was a busy one.

The week consisted of work, playing with Gabe, work, Baby-sit swap...we had Kambrie on Tuesday night and we had a blast. We were all completely exhausted, work, work, youth group, dinner play date at Kate's, work, work, work! I woke up on Friday morning totally thinking it was Saturday. That totally ruined my whole day. Why can't it ever be the other way around. Wake up on a Saturday thinking it was Monday or something and realizing it was Sat...now that would be SO much better.
Friday night we came home had dinner and played with Gabe. When he went down around 9 I left to go over to Kate's. She helped me set up a budget. Bryan and I are going to be more diciplined and live on a budget so I can get home and be the mother and wife that I've always wanted to be.
I got home around midnight and I ended up finishing the book that I was reading and didn't go to bed until 2. Not really smart when I'm already tired and needing sleep. But the book was SO good.

Saturday Gabe got up at his normal 7am time and we did our normal Saturday morning stuff. Breakfast, baby einstein movie, play time then nap. Did I take a nap...nope I took a shower and got ready for our afternoon fun activities. I made us all lunch and packed up the truck. Gabe woke up around noon and we met daddy at Gateway. We rode the train downtown. Well to Convention Center and then we had to hop on a bus the rest of the way because the Steel bridge is closed. A little adventure but totally worked out. We walked along the water front to The Flugtag where we were meeting Randy, Michelle and the boy's. The walkway was completely packed with people. At one point I looked at Bryan and said "Who decided to do this?" He just shook his head and pointed at me. HA Eventually the crowd thinned out a little but there was still a ton of people. I think they said that there were 60-80 thousand people there. NUTS! It was fun though. Gabe had fun with the boy's. It was fun getting to hang out with them. Afterwards Bryan and I decided to walk all the way back to the Rose Quater to catch the max. I think we walked 4 miles and it was so cool walking out the Steel bridge but by the time we got seated on the train I was exhausted. I feel SO old. I mean we just walked that shouldn't have pooped me out like it did. I was useless the rest of the night. Bad mommy. I put in baby einstein movies for Gabe and fell in and out of sleep on the couch.

Sunday I was in the nursery and we just had Gabe and Lily. That was fun and I had a good time talking to Edie. We decided to only go to 1st service so we could come home and get lunch ready for Nate and Jenny, but they didn't end up coming over till dinner. They had some family in town that they didn't know were going to be there. So we just had lunch at home and took naps. They showed up around 5 and didn't leave until almost 9. Jenny is going to be Gabe's Nanny on Wednesday's and Thursday's starting in September and so she had fun interacting with Gabe and it was just great to get to know both of them.

Funny about Gabe...right before Nate and Jenny left he walked up to Nate and I thought he was maybe wanting to give him a kiss because right after he walked up to Bryan and Gave him a kiss. But he then walked up to Nate again and was trying to pull up his shirt to see his belly button. It was so funny.

I am already looking forward to the weekend and it's Monday! Jenny needs sleepy!!!!!

No comments: