Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I "Heart" Gabe

I love Gabe. I mean Love, Love.

I never in a million years thought I could love this boy like I do. But Gabe... he has been an absolute blessing. He's my boy. My perfect baby boy. My crush. I LOVE him.

We are in that time again when everything he does is new and exciting. I could stare at his sweet little face for hours and hours and feel productive. I feel like every day a new part of his personality comes out, and I am getting to know him better.

I love that Gabe loves to be kissed. Every night I take him to the rocking chair, give him a bottle and kiss him for a good 15 minutes before I put him to bed. You would think he would get sick of it, but he doesn't. Last night he was taking my cheeks and giving me kisses. I curl him into a little ball and nuzzle his cheeks. It's the sweetest part of my day.

Another thing I love about Gabe is how happy music makes him. I loved music when I was little and to watch my kid enjoy it so much…it's so fun.

Gabe is loving shoes right now. Whenever he sees a pair of shoes whether it be his, mine, daddy's, Jaden's. He immediately wants to put them on. Monday night when we all got home Bryan had taken off his shoes and Gabe wanted to put them on. It was SO cute watching him try to walk in them. The shoes are practically as big as he is.

Another thing I LOVE about Gabe is lately he's taking our hands and leading us where ever. I call it a Gabe adventure. I love how his little hands grab mine and I know if he could talk he'd say something like "Come on mom I have to show you something". Monday night after dinner he took me to the front window and we "ooooo'd and ahhh'd" over something out there. HA

At night, the thing I love most about Gabe is how well he sleeps. I think he is magic. When I put him to bed, no matter if it is 6pm or 11pm, he will sleep for all the way through the night. He loves his bed. We have such a great sleeper just like mommy and daddy. I don't think that we can get this lucky twice so we shall see with the next one, but for now I am enjoying getting to sleep through the night.

I am enjoying this sweet little boy so much. He really is so good and happy, and I feel incredibly lucky that he's mine.

Thank heavens for little boys.

3 comments:

Brandy said...

Isn't nice to write about your baby?? It's like letting everyone else in on what goes on in our mommy hearts. :D

I loved when you said "I think he's magic." HA!!! It made me laugh.

kate said...

so cute!!!!

I love when they sleep. It makes me like them so much more :)

TcH said...

He started leading us around by the hand today too. I noticed it was a new thing, and super cute.
He also put his arms up in the air for Betty to pick him up. It was so cute. But then we realized he wanted to see her necklace. ha ha!!!!

I love that pic of Gabe. And I think the shoes are actually BIGGER than him.
ha ha

still waiting for your family camp update. your not getting out of it. And dont tell anyone that story about Kambrie and me and the wine, OK???
hee hee